Room for Rent and other rental scams
#280658 by Michelle Thu Jan 07, 2016 11:40 am
Versan Weng <[email protected]>

Hello ,

Thank you for the details . My apt is located in a quiet area, also the building have nice neightboors . So i consider my apartment very quiet . My apt. have 84 m2 . Yes i have a storage (small) in the basement of the building . The parking spot is already paid by me ( two more years ) so you don't have to pay any fees. Yes i can make a discount if you are willing to pay 3 months + the security deposit in advance . 14300 $twd .

I am not interested to make a lot of money from the rent as I am interested to find a tenant that will take good care of my property. I wish to rent my apartment to some nice and responsible people. You should also know that I appreciate sincerity very much.

Because I don’t had time to find a trustworthy person, don’t have any friends in the area to send the keys, I found an alternate solution . In order to close the viewing process safe for both of us, I found a company who will handle everything . Is an rental agency called UPS Lettings Property . I think you already heard about UPS . They opened a new service for rental agreements in UK .

With this procedure you will be able to view my apartment without any obligations to rent it. This process will take maximum 2-3 days. To avoid any misunderstanding i will be glad to explain to you step by step how the viewing procedure work through UPS Lettings Property .

So if you are interested to view my home , await you reply .

Thank you

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#308269 by Michelle Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:26 am

Hello ,

As i told you before , i found an agency who will handle everything (Airbnb Rental Property) . Maybe you heard about them since they are very popular . Using Airbnb Rental Property involves three parties: me as owner, you as a potential tenant and Airbnb as a responsible third party authorized to proper conduct of the transaction.
This is the agency website : https://www.airbnb.com/trust . You can take a look .

This are the viewing steps :

1 - To start the process i will need your info(full name, delivery address and a cell phone number where you can be reached).
2 - I will go to the Airbnb Rental Property office to deposit the keys and the ownership documents .
3 - Airbnb Rental Property will check the ownership documents and the apartment registration address .
4 - If the documents are legal , Airbnb Rental Property will send you the invoice agreement(via e-mail) where you will have all the details about this agreement + payment information .
5 - When you will receive the invoice, you’ll have to transfer the payment (one month of rent + the security deposit) to Airbnb Rental Property, according to the instructions from the invoice. The deposit will be just a formality, and it will not commit you to rent my apartment.
6 - The payment will remain in the custody of Airbnb Rental Property until you will check the apartment and move in .After you will pay the deposit,Airbnb Rental Property will send an agent to your registered address (in the next 24-48 hours) to make the delivery . The Airbnb Rental Property agent will help you to inspect my house and sign the legal documents .
7 – If you will like my apartment, you will sign the contract and you will be able to move when you desire . If ,for any reason, you will not be satisfied with my property, the Airbnb Rental Property agent will return your payment . The refund will be made in cash, immediately.

The entire viewing process will take 2-4 days. If you want , i can send you some pictures of my family, my passport,Police ID in order to prove my identity . Because it is my fault that I can not personally come to show you the apartment, I will pay the agency services fees.

Thank you