Room for Rent and other rental scams
#280874 by Michelle Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:00 am
[email protected]

Thanks for the interest you have in renting the apartment. The apartment is still available for rent and you can stay as long as you pay your rent at when due. Here are the necessary things you need to know about the rent and deposit. Rent per calender month is $900 { includes all bills : water, gas, council tax, TV license and wireless Internet} also Security deposit of $1200 {Refundable after four weeks in the apartment}.

The apartment has large king sized Bedroom , Bathroom,(cold/hot water, electricity, wireless broadband Internet, digital TV, parking spots for 2 cars, dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator, washing machine) .The neighborhood is very well served with public transportation,playground, shops,supermarkets ,you can easily get things needed.

However, At this stage that you want to rent the apartment, i need to know some few question about you.Can you keep the place clean and tidy? Do you have references and do you have a landline number in which i can reach you?i will appreciate if you can get back to me with all this information. Kindly reply for further information and i will like to know where you are coming from to stay the apartment

Regards
Mr/Mrs Bennett

he thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send money (again via Western Union) in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary

Advertisement