Room for Rent and other rental scams
#284700 by Michelle Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:50 pm
Karis Pharr <[email protected]>:
Hola,

Espero Que entiendan Inglés .... Por favor, Responda A Mí en Inglés!

El apartamento está disponible, esta situado en una zona tranquila, tiene todas las facilidades y servicios: TV , aire acondicionado, internet de alta velocidad, se permiten mascotas.
El alquiler mensual incluye los gastos de comunidad .
Lo suministros corren a su cuenta .
Compré este apartamento para mi hija durante sus estudios, pero ahora está de vuelta a casa de forma permanente en Reino Unido. Yo soy engineer at BAM en Reino Unido, así que decidí alquilar toda..
No vamos a utilizarlo durante un largo período de tiempo, para que pueda alquilar durante todo el tiempo que quieras.
Me gustaria saber mas sobre usted.
Algunas preguntas:
Cuántas personas ocuparán el apartamento ?
y que tipo de contracto le interesaria ?
Dispones de contrato de trabajo?
Tienes mascota?

El precio es 450 euros mensuales y la fianza de 450 euros

A la espera espera de una respuesta
Gracias

Karis Pharr <[email protected]>:
Hi there,

I am glad to hear from you.

Address: Carrer de Pelai, 10, 08001 Barcelona, Spain

As I told you i am British Citizen and i am in United Kingdom now and the thing is that I am the only person who has the keys, but i have a SAFE solution for that.
The price you will have to pay is for 2 months rent 900 EUR + 450 EUR deposit, that`s 1350 EUR in total, with no additional fees.
The apartment is ready, you just need to receive the keys and the contract to check it, and see if you can accept it. Of course we will need some way to go through this agreement, to allow us ensure that we get what we are expecting. For in it, I have discovered how we could finish the deal securely and quickly, and in this way, you can visit the apartment and receive the keys in less than 3 days, if you move quickly as well. A rental third party service called Airbnb (www.airbnb.co.uk), offers this solution and will handle both payment and delivery of the keys.

So, here is how it goes:
I start over the process with Airbnb here in Leeds and I leave the keys and a copy of the contract at Airbnb. Then they'll e-mail you all the information you need to continue the transaction at your end. As per the Airbnb`s instructions you send 1350 EUR to Airbnb Bank Account and then they make appointment to see the apartment and if everything is ok and you are satisfied, the amount will be transferred to me by Airbnb. If you decide not to rent the apartment ,the agent from Airbnb will refund you the money in the same day. It's clear and simple. This is the only way to do it given the circumstances and that is an overseas rental process. All I want is to both be safe.All you have to do is deposit to Airbnb 2 months of rent + security deposit so they can proceed with the scheduling meeting between you and the agent Airbnb to see the apartment.

The deposit you have to send it's 1350 EUR and it's for 2 months rent and for the security deposit.

To start this transaction, I need your full name, address, city, postcode and country and also phone number. I will pay for the services performed by the agency, so there will be no additional cost for you.

Should i begin the process with Airbnb? Please e-mail me and let me know and in 2-3 days you could visit the apartment if you complete your end in a timely fashion.

Thank you,

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement