Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36775 by Con Warner Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:35 am
Thanks for your interest in my apartment, My name is James Dominic. Am a psychologist. The nature of my work has made me much of a traveler and has really exposed me to different places in the world.. My Family and i recently relocated to London UK and that is the reason why i need a responsible person to rent my apartment. The apt is available immediately. It is located at the below Address:

Address: Midtown East The Bristol
300 E. 56th Street (Apt # 19F)
Manhattan Manhattan NY
East 50s
Located between: First Ave. and Second Ave.

This unit is Available for immediate move in. Modern 1bedroom & 1bathroom, 950 square foot apartment is strategically located in a very cool and lovely environment with five (5) appliances including dish washer with in-suite laundry room and plenty of storage space. Professional and mature neighbors ensure peaceful living arrangements. Utilities such as heater, washer/dryer, electricity, Internet are also included in the rent. The rent per month is $600 and the Deposit is $400 First and last month rent plus Deposit payment is required to move in.

I am looking for a peaceful and responsible person to rent the apartment. I want you to know that I am a kind and honest man and i also spent a lot on my property that I want to give you for rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of the apartment and I would want you to treat it as your own, I would like you to keep it tidy all the time. I will like you to drive by to the building today to view the exterior of the building for you to know where the apartment is located or Google it if you are not able to go view it physically and get back to me if you like it so that I can forward the full interior pictures for you to view and have an idea how beautiful and spacious the inside looks and then we can proceed to the next step which is the application process.

Thanks for taking your time in writing me and hope to hear back from you.

Thanks And God Bless You.

James Dominic

Glad to hear that you are willing to proceed with the rental. I have read your email and i am more than certain that you will be a very good tenant to rent my home and i have no doubt that you will treat it with great respect.

I have the keys and the documents here with me and I will be shipping it to you through DHL courier service ( OVERNIGHT DELIVERY) after processing your application form. Attached is the rental application form. I want you to fill the form and e-mail it back to me asap. Once i received the filled copy of the rental application form, I will have it processed and once that is done i will email you back with approval on the rent and arrangement on how the keys and documents will be shipped through DHL courier service (Next Day Delivery) without any further delay.

The payment will be made via Western Union Money Transfer.

I await your reply with the filled application form so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key's to you and the payment to me.

Regards...

James.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement