Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36830 by anni1988 Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:17 pm
so im looking for a flat in london, saw this amazing ad, got this email, replied, transfered the money(through western union) and its gone now. couldn't find this email adress as scam on the internet. but im pretty sure its scam. what do u think?

Hi ,
Thank u for contacting me about my Advert on Easyroommate .I think we could be a future flatmate. I have 2rooms available in my flat as at today.The flat is situated in central London(SOHO) ideally located with 2 bed room one single room and one double room king size, 2 bathroom but we share kitchen, reception and sitting room only and will want you to check the available picture that i send and if it ok by you .Then we can proceed and discuss about the viewing or reservation of the room.Below are my available flat pictures for you to see.

Am looking for someone honest,easygoing.and who is willing to live in my flat like a friend and family spirit,So i will want you to get back to me so we can proceed as i have a lot of people interested,and l know you are not a time waster , the flat is very clean and tidy cause i like clean and tidy environment . So for same reason i want you to act fast so that we can discuss better.

Address: 29,Peter Street.Soho, London, Greater London, (post code) W1F 0AN.
Area: 01- Central London (Soho, Belgravia ,The City, Fitzrovia).

AREAS :*****Nearest public transport and Underground stations are:

Piccadilly Circus is within 0.2 miles (322 metres)
BakerlooPiccadilly line, Zone 1
Leicester Square is within 0.3 miles (483 metres)
NorthernPiccadilly line, Zone 1

********Rail stations

Charing Cross is within 0.6 miles (966 metres)
Euston is within 1.1 miles (1.8 km)
Waterloo is within 1.2 miles (1.9 km)

********Coach stations
Victoria is within 1.5 miles (2.4 km)

Rent:Rent(£350.00PerMonth for the single room and £450.00 per month for the double room}SECURITY DEPOSIT:£500.00 refundable to you at the end of your stay to reserve the room .
Utilities include: electricity, gas, cable, phone,
Avail.:31/08/2010
Minimum stay:3week to 1 month
Flatmate Description
Personal
info: MY NAME IS ( AUDRIANNA M GERALD ,23YEARS OLD ,Female , Straight,Professional , Capricorn.
Household info: Non Smoker , There are no pet(s)
Preferred flatmate description
Smoker:Doesn't matter Orientation: Doesn't matter
Pet:Doesn't matter
Room and apartment description
Features: Flat, Floor #, Parking available, No parking cost, 2 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms
Neighborhood: N.A
Home amenities: The property comprises reception room with open-plan kitchen, double bedroom, and one single room ,shower room and entrance hall with fitted storage cupboards .

Peter Street is adjacent to the extensive shops and eateries of Wardour Street and is enviably close to the theatres, cinemas and bars of Shaftesbury Avenue and Leicester Square .
Transport links include Oxford Circus Underground.

FEATURES::central heating,double glazed,laminate flooring,Available now furnishing:Furnished apartment situated in the heart of CENTRAL LONDON bills included. its fully furnished,DG,GCH,bath/wc,its laminated flooring,24 hrs Security`and porter Service available .
#Clothes dryer, Dish washer, Cooker, Microwave, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine
Log fire, Internet access, DVD player
modern English furniture
Vaulted ceilings
Fully-equipped kitchen
Broadband internet connection
Wire less connection
Fireplace/select units
Air condition
Linen and towels available.
Highchair available.
It is well maintained and clean in a very special clean and secure environment Easy access to pubs,beautiful super supermarket and restaurants,with beautiful shopping stores and air dresser.
Reply back today.
Audrianna.

p.s You can meet me on skype or add me on msn messenger for more information as am online right now
skype account is (michellegerald)
Msn account is:[email protected]
Advertisement

#36839 by Dotti Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:07 pm
Unfortunately, you are right in thinking it is a scammer.

The English mistakes and writing style are consistent with an African, and the fact that "she" asked for money by Western Union without any kind of in-person meeting is typical for this kind of scam.

I'm sorry to say, but you will not be able to recover the money you have sent. The person you were corresponding with is not really named Audria, and is not located in London. Most likely the real person behind the emails is a male in Africa, and there is no way to trace the actual person who picked up the money.

Need to post photos? http://scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=3219
Are you a victim of a romance scam? Read here for advice and FAQ's.