Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36902 by vania646 Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:06 pm
What happened is really sad.... i found this person on gumtree and i continued looking there if i'm going to find smb else like him, there is another guy [email protected] he is also renting a house in edinburgh and i'm sending you the exact mail i got from him! There are a lot of people out there just lying and it's awful!!!!!!!!!

Full View
VIEWING OF MY FLAT
jejemo cottetage <[email protected]> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: xxxxxxxx removed - Michelle
Hi,
Thanks for your reply and interest in my flat,I'd love to have you visit my apartment but due to recent inconveniences caused by wanna be tenants who I have invited for viewing and turned out to be time waster.I have decided to know your readiness and capability before inviting you for the viewing. I currently work in Manchester which is the the main reason I want to let my flat out. I'll need to take a day off from work in order to be able to come down Edinburgh to show you the flat.Before coming down to show you the apartment.I will need to be sure of your readiness and capability i.e if you will be able to pay for month rent plus security deposit (£450+£600=£1050).Therefore,I will want you to make a transfer of a month rent plus security deposit (£450+£600=£1050) by going to the closest Money gram outlet that you know is more nearer with a friend or someone close to you and make the transfer as the sender and your friend as the receiver or any of your family members and you can also make them as the sender and you be the receiver so that when you arrive for the viewing and you are ok with the flat then we proceed by signing the contract/tenancy agreement form and handover the keys to you and we go to the closest money gram outlet closer to my flat to pick up the money and you pay me hand to hand as i will be ready to show you the flat and have your receipt and tenement agreement form ready as soon as i get the receipt of the transfer you made to yourself via Money gram from the post office that show that you really make the transfer and it is avaiIable to be pick up by you and have got the cash at hand to start the tenement renting of my flat . I do not want you to have the feeling that I'm asking for money before you see what you are renting because I know that payment is meant to be done after you have seen the Flat and okay with it but most tenants I have invited for the viewing, is either they cannot afford the rent or security deposit that's why I want to be sure before coming down to show you the flat. This is the reason you are not doing the transfer into my account and to let you have confidence that your money is safe and God forbide if anything happens to your money you can easily go to my bank to lodge complain in order to have your money back but I'm assuring you that everything is gonna be alright ok.. If you are ok with this arrangement you can let me know so that you can make the transfer with a family or close friend and once it's confirmed I will come down to show you the flat.You will need to scan the copy of the deposit slip to me as a prove.And to let you know.I will want you get back to me if you are ok with this arrangement so that we can proceed.I will be looking forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards,
Perry.
Mon, September 6, 2010 1:48:51 PM
MY FLAT DETAILS AND PICTURES
jejemo cottetage <[email protected]> [Chat now]
Add to Contacts
To: xxxxxxxx removed - Michelle

7 Files View Slideshow Download All
bedroom1.jpg (14KB); bedroom.jpg (9KB); dinnig room.jpg (12KB); kitchen.jpg (11KB); Living Room.jpg (11KB); bathroom.jpg (10KB); Computer area.jpg (13KB)
Hello ,
Thanks so much for the interest in my FLAT,i have a 2 bedrooms flat for rent .My flat address is in Hanover Street, Edinburgh, EH2 2DL.The rent of the FLAT per month including all Bills and utility Cost is £450.00 Per Month} SECURITY DEPOSIT:£600.00 Refundable back to you 2 weeks leaving my flat,Am sending you the pictures of my flat so that you can see that the flat you are renting is in good and perfect condition . House amenities: Furnished, Linen supplied, Private bath, Hardwood floor, Phone jack, TV, Cable jack,Private bathroom and toilet.FEATURES::Central Heating,Furnished apartment
situated....

The property comprises
Living Room: Spacious living room with access to backyard. Flat Screen
TV, DVD/VCR, sofa converts to queen sleeper

Eating/game room: Roomy eating/game room, seating , stylishly
decorated. Lots of books, magazines, board games and telephone

Master Bedroom: King pillow top bed, warming blanket,count sheets,
robes, Flat screen TV, DVD player

2nd Bedroom :2nd bedroom has two twin beds (can be easily converted
into a king). TV with DVD/VCR player

Kitchen: New kitchen features brand new stainless steel appliances.
All amenities, including coffee maker, waffle Iron, Blender,
dishwasher, microwave.

Bathroom: Luxurious modern bathroom with shower ( bathroom has
shower/bath combo).

Computer area :Computer/writing desk - fully wireless internet
throughout the flat

As a lot of people are interested and alot have wasted my time in the past before and will want you to reply back.Please i will like to ask you some question below and i will be glad if you can answer me with sincerity.

1) How many months do you intend to rent and pay for?
2) How many of you are coming to live in my flat?
3) Can you take care of my flat as it is?
4) Which country are you from?
5) Can you bring your identity passport when coming for viewing?
6) Can have your contact number?
7)Where are you presently?

hope to hear from you soon, Await your reply. Rent is (£450) per calendar month for the whole flat and all bills are inclusive with the rent! Deposit is (£600) Refundable back to you 2 weeks leaving my flat.
Regards
Perry.

Topic split and renamed - Michelle
Advertisement