Room for Rent and other rental scams
#36965 by sam_26 Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:31 pm
Here's another scammer who emailed me:

"Hello,

Response to your ad on the website www.share-accommodation.sg I just want to inform you that I have two vacant rooms available for rent right now in my 3 bedroom flat, currently I am occupying one of the rooms, so I'm looking for Neat, Decent and responsible Individual to fill the two vacant rooms. I attach the photo of the Flat for you to see.

I am Vika Johnson by name, I am a British, female, single and I am 27 years old, I'm based in Singapore.

Rent: $600 per month ($150 per week)
Deposit: $600 is refundable.
Rent includes: electricity, gas, cable, telephone and internet. etc.
Minimum stay: 2 weeks

Rooms:
Furnished, private bathroom,
Phone jack, linen provided,
Hardwood floor, TV, Air conditioning,
Carpet, Closet, Cable jack,
Private entrance, alarm system,
Washer / Dryer, Balcony / Patio
Internet, cable ready,
Dishwasher, Yard
Parking and
Off street parking available.

Hope to see you soon

Cheers
Vika"
Advertisement

#36967 by sam_26 Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:32 pm
"Hello

I so much appreciate your reply and interest in my spare rooms, I am not in Singapore right now, I am in Cairo - Egypt for working Holiday to Visit the Pyramids, Tower of Giza, and Pharaoh's Museum, but I will be back in two weeks time okay.

The apartment is located at BURLINGTON SQUARE, 175B BENCOOLEN STREET District 07 Singapore. with en suite, bathroom and toilet

I deposited the flat Keys at the DHL Office in Singapore, I will send you the Reference Number that you will present at the DHL Office so as to get the spare keys or better still I will send the Keys directly to you via your present address. right now, I will like you to send me the following details so that I can use it to Prepare the Agreement and send to you.

Full Name:
Move In Date:
Present Address:
Duration of stay (How many Months):

get back to me as soon as possible, You can ring me on this number +20110504718 or send me a text okay, I hope to read from you again soon.

Best Regards
Vika"