Room for Rent and other rental scams
#286747 by WTAFOVR Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:00 pm
Looks like Linda Myles is up to their old shennanigans!!! This is the craigslist scam email I recently got. Thankfully no sensitive information was given out but I lost out on 2 potential roommates and am falling behind on my monthly bills due to the exorbitant rent I have to pay without an additional roommie. This person is now claiming to be in the US on the east coast and deaf so she can't talk on the phone...

Hi again (name ommitted),

Your response is highly appreciated, with the stress I went through filtering different ads listings, hearing from you makes my day :-) Yes, I'm interested in the house share, problem is I won't be able to see the private room till my arrival on Friday 11th, after doing much research about Louisville area, I found the location very convenient to work and my living environment. House sharing and communal living is adaptable so far we reach a mutual understanding and respect each other's personal space.

Any local farmers markets around, is it daily or weekly? the closest farmer's market here is only on weekends. Any antique malls, boutique, cinemas, restaurants and flower shops around the area? How is the weather? snow has been falling for few days here, hope there're no leaks in the roof or pipes, in--case of rain? :-) lol

I'm hearing impaired (Tinnitus), I wasn't actually born deaf, it was a defect from my childhood medication. I know ASL and also lip read fluently.Here's my number, we can text anytime: (916)-905-2478. I'm a 28 yo professional Laboratory technician,I'm trustworthy, reliable and very responsible. I have worked in Clinical Laboratory Development for the last 3 years as a Research Analyst,I will work as a CTA and Global Regulatory Affairs associate.I'm very hardworking and dedicated hence why I dislike lazy,messy and uncaring people. I'm 5'9 with blond hair and hazel eyes. Cleanliness is one of my best personal traits, I make sure my personal room and surroundings are kept clean at all times.

Though, I won't be coming with a pet, I love and adore them with a passion, I'm straight and very gay friendly, I'm not judgmental towards religion, sexual preference, food or life generally.My favorite TV shows are Ugly Betty, Ghost Whisperer with Jennifer Love-Hewitt and Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck, Donny Wahlburg. I always prefer going on dinner dates rather than partying or clubbing all night. I don't smoke or do any any drugs, I may have few drinks (wine) during weekends but nothing heavy.I prefer drinking socially, I enjoy swimming, playing long tennis and snow boarding.

I have a new Car I'll be shipping down with few artworks, my 2014 BMW F30 335i (M sport) and some personal effects. Please do let me know how I can go about securing the place with rent/deposit, I'm sure you have other applicants,I don't want you to rent to someone else before I do. If there's any application paperwork, I can easily have it signed before my arrival, my references are below, I'll be leaving here on Friday morning,11th March, please do take note in-case you need to make any arrangement pending my arrival.

Land-lord: Cassandra Rojas, [email protected]
present room-mate Michelle: [email protected]

Feel free to contact them, I assure you, your terms and conditions would be strictly adhered to if you rent to me, In life everything should be firm but friendly , not oatfish or obsequious as seems to be the present -day trend.

I do apologize if this message seem long and tardy to read, I'm just looking for a reliable secured place when I relocate to Colorado. Please let me know your thoughts, hopefully, positive.

Linda.
Advertisement

#330672 by smiklakhani Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:28 pm
Thanks for the heads up on this. Got the following e-mail just this past week, which appears to be very very similar to the one you got. Thankfully I only provided my e-mail address before finding your post.

Good afternoon Smik, I know it's important I promptly get back to you about the townhouse share in Reston, my plans to move into the private unfurnished room remains sincere but I'll be arriving on Friday 4th August hope that's no problem? proximity of the location is convenient to my work and living environment.

I saw several pictures on Craigslist, do you know how close the farmer's market is/are, daily or weekly? during summer only?, the closest around here with fresh produce is strictly during summer. Any flower shops, antique malls, boutique, cinemas and restaurants around the area? How is the weather? Rain fell here for few days last week, I like rain. Hope no leakages in the roof or pipes, In--case of rain? :-) lol

I'm hearing impaired (Tinnitus) that is why I can't call to speak on phone, I have repeated oral doses of streptomycin given to me by a country doctor in Italy when I was 5 years old. I wear only one hearing aid on my left ear – my right ear is gone - well it’s still there, just doesn’t process any sound,so it was a defect from my childhood medication.here's my cell number: (916) 905-2478 , I know ASL and also lip read fluently, I'm trustworthy, reliable and very responsible. I'm a 27 yo professional Laboratory technician, I have worked in Clinical Development for the last 2 years as a Research Coordinator,I will work as a CTA and Global Regulatory Affairs associate, I'm 5'10 with blond hair and hazel eyes. Cleanliness is one of my best personal traits,I'm very hardworking and dedicated hence why I dislike lazy,messy and uncaring people, I don't smoke or do any form drugs including marijuana, I love and adore pets with a passion but I'm not coming with any, I'm liberal, straight, and pro-lgbt rights.

I'll be shipping down my Car and few artworks ,my 2015 BMW F30 335i (M sport) and some personal effects, no furnishing. Please let me know how I can go about securing the place with rent/deposit, I'm sure you have other applicants,I don't want you to rent to someone else. If there's any application paperwork or rental agreeemnt, I can easily have it signed before my arrival, my references are below,

Room-mate Vanessa : [email protected]
Land-lord: Charlotte Balinger, [email protected]

If you rent to me, I reassure you, your terms and conditions would be strictly adhered to, In life everything should be firm but friendly , not oatfish or obsequious as seems to be the present -day trend. I apologize if this email seem long or tardy to read, I'm just looking for a reliable place when I relocate to Virginia

Thanks!
Linda.