Room for Rent and other rental scams
Advertisement

#285605 by AlanJones Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:16 pm
If the person you are in contact with is using the email address [email protected], or you have received an email similar to the one posted above then it is a definite scam. Also, if you can't physically view the inside of the property without paying any money to someone then it is a scam.

If you can post the emails you have received then we can tell you if it is a scam or not.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#285608 by Mirjam medizevec Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:44 pm
Mozzoni Martina
[email protected]
Za

Thanks for your reply,
You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems.
It has been up kept properly and had a professional, top-to-bottom cleaning.
Like I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be EUR 300 and i want also a guarantee deposit EUR 300 (the guarantee deposit EUR 300 you will receive back at the end of the contract), with no extra taxes to pay. The rent, I want to receive them monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.
The apartment is ready for you, you will only have to receive the key to check it and see if you like it. In order of that, I've found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast so you will receive the keys in less than 2 days. No one could help me show the apartment because I don't know the neighbors very well.
The solution I've chosen is provided by Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com); they handle rentals for people who are unable to solve them alone, which are abroad etc., so they will take care both the delivery and payment.
I will support all the shipping taxes for the package.

I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please email me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.

Best Regards,
Martina .
Last edited by AlanJones on Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total. Reason: Removed personal details and added quotes for clarity
#285609 by AlanJones Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:51 pm
It's a definite scam. There is no apartment to rent, the scammer just wants to steal the €600 that you send them.

Just delete the scammers emails and do not respond to them any further. Do not accuse them of being scammers, they will just deny it and carry on trying to scam you.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.