Room for Rent and other rental scams
#37232 by Michelle Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:37 pm
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 04:42:15 -0700
Subject: 1 Bedroom in Liverpool (£350/Month)
To: Michelle

Hello ,

I am Harris the owner of the 1 Bedroom House located on (Reynolds Way Garston, Liverpool, Merseyside L25 5HX ) listed on Gumtree.com for Rent,

Its still available for rent now,The House is FULLY-FURNISHED and all utilities intact.

The monthly rental fee is £350 (including All bills) and a refundable security Deposit of (£300) is need to be paid before moving in

These are the Appliances,and facilities of the House.

* Contemporary Furnishings,* Dining Table and Chairs,* Dishwasher /Dryer,
* High Speed Internet Available,* Double Glazing,Full Kitchen,Hairdryer,
* Hi-fi System,Ironing Facilities,* Microwave, Oven,Refrigerator

I am an Academics Educational Coordinator I purchased the House in 2008 until i got a New higher pay Job at North-Carolina State School of Arts,USA that would be for 5 years,so I had

to relocate a month ago.

I am currently live in the North-Carolina USA with the keys to the House ,I didnt have much time find a tenant before i relocated and so i am putting my house for rent so that it would be

well taken care of while my Job here lasts

In order to secure a lease on the house you need to pay only a refundable security Deposit of (£300) now to serve as a Rental Binder,so that you I would mail you the Keys by FedEX Next

day air and also you can view my House in person and move in immediately

Since i wouldnt be available to show you the house in person i took a INTERIOR VIDEO COVERAGE showing the living room,bedroom,kitchen and bathroom

Please let me know if you are still interested or not,Please answer the questions below if still interested

1.*Let me know your Employment Status?More of your professional background

2*What date are you looking to move in? and How many people will be moving in?

3.So that i would forward the Full street address so can Drive-by see if you are okay and satisfied with neighborhood

4.Send me your Current residential Or Office Address (Full name Address City,County and postal code to receive the Keys to the House and the Rental Binder Form

I look towards hearing from you soonest

Many Thanks
Harris

The thief will tell you that you can rent his accommodation only if you can prove that you have genuine interest. He will ask you send money by wire transfer (normally Western Union) to yourself or a member of the family to show that you have sufficient finances and that you are not a "time waster".

Another variation of this scam is that you need to send (by Western Union) money in order that the keys and other documents can be couriered to you

He will ask you to send him the transfer details.

Make no mistake ! Western Union Transfers can be picked up virtually anywhere in the world and with the minimum of identification. They are almost impossible to trace once the money has been collected. You will never get to see the accommodation or your money again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement