Room for Rent and other rental scams
#37196 by sannekurz Mon Sep 13, 2010 3:22 am
Split into a new topic - Michelle

Thanks for the warning...this scammers "mother" has obviously exactly the same apartment in Stuttgart as well... Here the mail we got today:

On 12 September 2010 22:58, Anna Attar <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for having interest in my flat the apartment is two bedroom available to rent with private bathrooms ........ I'm Anna Rebecca Attar 24 Years old,the apartment belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment,but she is presently in London due to her work.

A little more about me:

I am very responsible, very clean, respectful of others space, and like to cook.
I also love to make new friends and i will be happy to be your friend and i know that you will be happy to be my friend because i am nice,look,loving and i like to go out to have fun,and all other good thing.

I will like to know where you want the room to be so that i can see if it is good for me,so let me know so that i can send you the address of my Apartment.

The is lease 547Euro from 19/09 till 31/10/One bedRoom/including the utilities,fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker,micro-wave, dishwasher,electricity bill, internet charges and others.and 500Euro for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

I will like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat ?Am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat while you will have your private bathroom..You can see the attached pictures of the room bellow........
Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the room,
Best Regards,
Anna.
Advertisement

#37277 by sannekurz Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:33 am
Now, the offered "appartment" in Stuttgart seems to be in Frankfurt...and we have been asked to send money to London... read yourself...

On 14 September 2010 11:40, Anna Attar <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for the reply and also for the introduction of your self,you really sound great.....never mind i can reserve the room for you till your arrival date since there is a perfect procedure that we both have to undergo before you can proceed with the payment.

The exact address is : Senckenberganlage 15,60325 Frankfurt am Main, Germany.

However If you really have interest in renting the room just let me have your

FULL NAME
YOUR EXACT ARRIVAL DATE
YOUR DEPARTURE DATE
YOUR CURRENT ADDRESS
A SCANNED COPY OF YOUR PASSPORT ID

So that i can quickly instruct our family lawyer to prepare the tenant agreement form for you, to see the terms and condition of the contract and if you are okay with the terms and condition then you can proceed with the first month rent and the security deposit to my mother in London Via western union money transfer so that the room can be reserve for you till your arrival date because there are alot of people that also have interest in renting the room,but my mother prefer the most serious person who pay her first..

The signed agreement form will be send to you first through attached mail(with the scanned page of my international passport).for you to read and understand,after which you will proceed with the payment ,i'll now send you the original copy through a registered courier to your address for you to sign and bring along with you when moving in. Have a nice day,Looking forward in hearing from you.
Regards,
Anna.

--- On Mon, 9/13/10, xxxxxxxxx <removed - Michelle> wrote:

Subject: Re: PICTURES TO THE ROOMS....
To: "Anna Attar" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 9:34 PM

Hey,

you know:
YOU have a room to rent..it is about if or if not this adress is ok for me, no??

I mean - does your place NOT have a street or suburb it is in??
I just would like to know approximately the location...this is a very normal request...most people even advertise their place with full address....

xo
Alexey.

xxxxxxxxx <removed - Michelle>

On 13 September 2010 14:48, Anna Attar <[email protected]> wrote:

Good to hear from you and am happy to hear that you love the rooms,but there is one thing i will like to know where you will like to stay so that i can see it the address is okay for me....I will be waiting to Hear from you soon.

Thanks.

--- On Mon, 9/13/10, xxxxxxxxx <removed - Michelle> wrote:

Subject: Re: PICTURES TO THE ROOMS....
To: "Anna Attar" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, September 13, 2010, 7:03 AM

Hello Anna,

the apartment looks very nice, I do not care if I live in the bedroom or living room.
Both rooms have a separate entrance from the hallway, no?
Like: none of us has to walk to the room of the other person to reach the front door, bathroom or kitchen, right?
In German this is called "Durchgangszimmer" and is what I would prefer not to live in...

I live currently in Munich with my girlfriend. I'm from Israel, Tel Aviv, and lived all my adult life in shared houses.
I am very good in making coffee and pancakes and eggs. - And I am good in cleaning up after myself.

You can look at my homepage, to find more information about me. Just follow the link.
If you have other questions, just call me:

Last thing: which exact area is the apartment in?
To know at least the suburb or street would be great ...

I will arrive on the 19th in the late afternoon and bring the rent and the safety-deposit with me.

Have a nice week,
-Alexey

On 12 September 2010 22:58, Anna Attar <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for having interest in my flat the apartment is two bedroom available to rent with private bathrooms ........ I'm Anna Rebecca Attar 24 Years old,the apartment belongs to my late father and my mother have been managing and maintaining the apartment,but she is presently in London due to her work.

A little more about me:

I am very responsible, very clean, respectful of others space, and like to cook.
I also love to make new friends and i will be happy to be your friend and i know that you will be happy to be my friend because i am nice,look,loving and i like to go out to have fun,and all other good thing.

I will like to know where you want the room to be so that i can see if it is good for me,so let me know so that i can send you the address of my Apartment.

The is lease 547Euro from 19/09 till 31/10/One bedRoom/including the utilities,fridge-freezer, oven, washing machine, dryer, gas cooker,micro-wave, dishwasher,electricity bill, internet charges and others.and 500Euro for the security deposit which is refundable during the departure time from the room.

I will like to know where you are from and when you will be coming to the flat ?Am confidently assuring you that you will be more than satisfied when you come into the flat while you will have your private bathroom..You can see the attached pictures of the room bellow........
Let me hear from you asap if you really have interest in renting the room,
Best Regards,
Anna.

Personal Information removed - Michelle