Room for Rent and other rental scams
#37306 by Con Warner Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:10 am
Thanks for getting back to us about our home on craigslist.

My home is 3 br 1 ba Single-Family Home. Which My wife and I occupied before leaving for Nigeria. We left on a self Mission following God's Call to Preach the Word and Let people of all Nations Hear About Him.

We are looking for a well-behaved, clean and honest tenant to rent out our house.We will like you to give us your word and promise us that you will take good care of our house so that we will be happy when we come to visit you in the future. We are willing to work on any flexible plan you may have on your term of renting,Long or short term or month by month.While we were leaving,we took along with us the keys just to view the Land if it would be favorable for God's Work,on getting down here we decided to stay and Go On preaching the Good News.The Home was Formally FOR SALE but we have decided not to sell anymore so we would get a place to lay our head when we do come back to rest.Prior to our coming back from the missions work we shall be giving a 90 days notice to you.We shall be staying for upwards of five years here doing God's Work.So kindly Get back to us with the application for below.You can give us a call on our cell phone number on +2347065151262 ( Call Anytime )

Rent Fee/Month : $700
Security Deposit : $600
Total Move In Cost : $1300

Here is the address of the Home you can easily drive by and view the extriors and surroundings : 811 Coatsville Ave,Salt Lake City, UT

RENT APPLICATION FORM

FIRST NAME:__________________
MIDDLE NAME: _________________
LAST NAME: __________________
PROFESSION: ________________
(CELL)PHONE () __________
(WORK)PHONE () __________
KIDS _____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY ________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE: ______________
ZIPCODE: _______________ HOW LONG? ______________IF RENTING
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING?
IF THIS Home IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,
HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING? _______________
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN? ______________
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________
KIND OF PETS: _____________
DO YOU SMOKE? ___________
DO YOU DRINK? ______________

Looking forward to hearing from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.Await your urgent reply for us to proceed and discuss on how to get the document and the key to you.Looking forward to hear from you.

Remain Blessed
Ray Breenhagen
+2347065151262 ( Call Anytime )

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union with a promise that he will send the keys through a courier company.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement