Room for Rent and other rental scams
#37363 by Con Warner Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:23 pm
Thanks for your email. I own the Unit at 85 Livingston Street #18O, Brooklyn NY currently listed on Craigslist.org for $700 with security deposit $700 is very much available for a ready to move in tenant. Utilities: water, Gas and electric are included.

You can view the Unit even though I am not presently in the State.. , I am in Canada working as the Vice President, Direct Sales at ATB Financial, Canada. I just resumed 1 month ago. But I still need to Pick up some things from the Unit and some documentation in a few days and I WISH TO USE THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHOW THE UNIT.
Just to let you know, you are not the only one that has contacted us about the apartment because this is the second time we have posted the ad on craigslist.org Note: We will only accept a tenant who is willing to pay 2 months rent and a security deposit. Call or SMS me on 347 687 6316.

Answer the following questions if you are still interested.

Applicants Full Name:
Address:
Cell number:
Profession:

Alex Billman.
347 687 6316

This person asks for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union payment to a friend or family member.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, this person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union and they will send the keys through a courier company.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment by Western Union before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Email: [email protected]

Latest updates regarding Internet Fraud: http://www.antifraudnews.com
Advertisement