Room for Rent and other rental scams
#291159 by Michelle Sun Apr 10, 2016 3:29 am
Dependable Rentals <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks for your Interest, luckily for you the houseboat is still available for your dates, 04/21/16 to 04/24/16, the rental fee for the 3-nights is = €180 (@ €60 a night).. To book down the houseboat for your dates, 50% of the rental fee ( €90) + €300 refundable security deposit. All you need to pay to have the houseboat reserve for your dates = €390 (cleaning, parking and tax included)..

Address: Brouwersgracht 119, 1015 Binnenstad, The Netherlands..

Property Type:
* houseboat

Floor Area:
* 35 m2.

General:
* towels provided
* air-conditioning
* central heating
* telephone
* linens provided
* Washing Machine and Dryer

Kitchen:
* oven
* stove top burners
* dish washer
* freezer
* microwave
* refrigerator
* washing machine
* Utensils and all whats needed in a modern Kitchen.

Bathrooms:
* 1 Bathroom
* Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower

Bedrooms:
* 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
* Bedroom 1 - 1 King

Entertainment:
* stereo system
* radio
* satellite or cable
* Flat screen TV (Both in Living room and Bedroom)
* CD
* single home theater system

Internet Access:
* internet access
* wireless broadband
* broadband access
* computer available

Suitability:
* children welcome
* pets not allowed
* Smoking is allowed outside

Local Activities:
* Walking

Nearby Attraction / Facility:
* restaurants
* bars

Other Activities:
* Shopping/Sightseeing

The remaining 50% of the rent will be paid when you arrive to the houseboat and also the security deposit will be refunded in cash when leaving the houseboat.

My mode of payment is by Western Union Money Transfer..

More Photos attached and I'm providing you a Contact info of my past Tenants.

Mr Allen Miller from Washington, U.S stayed for a week.
[email protected]

Get back to me asap if you would love to book, so I can send you the Booking Agreement form, and the Payment instruction to secure this wonderful houseboat for your dates.

Reserve asap, before someone else does.

Regards,

Micheal.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#291380 by Michelle Tue Apr 12, 2016 6:11 am
Subject: Re: Fabulous 3 Bedroom Panoramic Views! Down the beach. On the Water!

Dependable Rentals <[email protected]> wrote:

Aloha Michelle

Thanks for your emails.

The next step to reserve my property is for you to fill/sign my Booking Agreement form, and make payment.

It is very important I let you know, as at the time of writing you this message, I have received interest on this same property from another family, and they want it for this same dates, which clashes with your dates. But, i have not replied them because you showed interest first. However, please note that, I can only hold down my property, for clients that have signed my booking agreement form and made payment.

Lastly, please note, i receive payments directly to my wife's bank account with, Bank of America.

Please make a decision and let me know.

I will be waiting to hear from you.

Mahalo,

George.

Thanks for your email, confirming your interest in renting my property and requesting for my booking agreement form.
To proceed, I have attached the Booking Agreement form/payment instructions to this message, fill it and send it back to me with a copy of the bank deposit confirmation. After receiving them from you, I will forward you my receipt to confirm your reservation. Keys of the property will be handed to you by me, on your arrival date.
MODE OF PAYMENT VIA BANK DEPOSIT TRANSFER:
Please see below, the instructions for the payment directly to my wife.
Bank Name: Bank of America
Account #: 374000873332
Routing #: 071214579
Account Name: Gina Fischer

Once again, it's only when payment is made, before I can secure your dates. After payment is made, please forward the completed booking agreement form and bank deposit confirmation to my email, through scanning.
Please confirm receipt of this message, the attachment, and if you are proceeding.
Mahalo,
George Fischer.