Room for Rent and other rental scams
#292866 by Bryon Williams Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:12 pm
Subject: Re: Inquiry From The Renters Hotline About Property Box #27106

Hello ,

Apologies for the delay in getting back to you. I am very happy that you want to move into my apartment and hope you will be very happy there.

The apartment has 2 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 2 bathrooms and a surface of 1240 square ft.

Is available for rent at $700 per month including all utilities (Electricity/Telephone/Cable/Internet/Water), for as long as you need. Recently renovated the apartment is in a very good condition, very clean and completely livable. The asking rent is lower then the average price requested in that area but not using a letting agent and not paying fees and commissions allows me to ask a lower rental price than others.

The apartment was bought by me in 2010, and I lived there until 4 months ago when my job contract was over and I returned home to London.
Also the apartment is near the public transportation, a gym, and other facilities. The apartment has a parking space for one car. I have spent a great amount of money with the apartment and my request is that you treat it like it was your own.

I am looking for a long term tenancy agreement as I will most definitely never return to Surrey for permanent residency.

Hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1. Who will be living in the property and what are their occupations?
2. Are there any children, pets or smokers who will live in the property?
3. How long will the initial tenancy be required for 6 - 12 months - longer etc?

Please let me know if you are seriously interested.
My Regards,
Richard Leigh

Subject: Re: Fw: Inquiry From The Renters Hotline About Property Box #27106

I will not be using the apartment for the next 4 years for sure, maybe never. You can move in when it's possible for you but please understand that I have to secure a tenant as soon as possible. We can start with a renting contract of 6 months and it can be renewed if necessary or if you wish to move out earlier 30 days notice will be required.

First I have to inform you that the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be $700 and I also require a security deposit
$700 which will be reimbursed when you move out, in total you have to pay $1400 so you can move in my apartment without any additional charges to pay. The security deposit may be used for the purpose of repairing for which the tenant is responsible (beyond normal wear and tear) or last month of the rent. The money for the next months ( $700 ) I want to receive monthly the rent from you in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by a worldwide third party company called AirBnb Renting Service ( www.airbnb.com ), they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal.
I, as the owner, will have to submit the lease details and copies of the ownership documents to AirBnb Renting Service for verification. After AirBnb accepts the transaction and completes the documents verification they will contact you as the potential tenant directly and verify if you have the funds available to rent the apartment. If you want I can explain you more about the AirBnb Renting Service renting process so you can understand better the whole process....I used AirBnb and I was very pleased by their services in the past ( they are true professionals). About the utilities do you want to have everything on your name or the utilities can be on my name?

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#302779 by Bryon Williams Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:30 pm
Subject: Re: Ik heb interesse in 'kamer'

Hello ,

I am very happy that you want to move into my apartment and hope you will be very happy there.

The apartment has 1 bedrooms, living room, kitchen, 1 bathrooms and a surface of 45m2.

Is available for rent at Eur 450 per month. Recently renovated the apartment is in a very good condition, very clean and completely livable. The asking rent is lower then the average price requested in that area but not using a letting agent and not paying fees and commissions allows me to ask a lower rental price than others.

The apartment was bought by me in May. 2015, and I lived there until 4 months ago when my job contract was over and I returned home to Zaragoza, Spain.
Also the apartment is near the public transportation, a gym, a parking space for one car. I have spent a great amount of money with the apartment and my request is that you treat it like it was your own.

I am looking for a long term tenancy agreement as I will most definitely never return to Amsterdam for permanent residency.

Hope you don't mind answering a few questions:

1. Who will be living in the property and what are their occupations?
2. Are there any children, pets or smokers who will live in the property?
3. How long will the initial tenancy be required for 6 - 12 months - longer etc?

Please let me know if you are seriously interested.
My Regards,
Francisco Javier

Subject: Re: Ik heb interesse in 'kamer'

I will not be using the apartment for the next 4 years for sure, maybe never. You can move in when it's possible for you but please understand that I have to secure a tenant as soon as possible. We can start with a renting contract of 6 months and it can be renewed if necessary or if you wish to move out earlier 30 days notice will be required.

First I have to inform you that the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be EUR 450 and I also require a damage deposit of EUR 900 which will be reimbursed when you move out, in total you have to pay EUR 1350 so you can move in my apartment without any additional charges to pay. The security deposit may be used for the purpose of repairing for which the tenant is responsible (beyond normal wear and tear) or last month of the rent. The money for the next months ( EUR 450 ) I want to receive monthly the rent from you in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery of keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by a worldwide third party company called AirBnb Renting Service ( www.airbnb.com ), they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal.

I, as the owner, will have to submit the lease details and copies of the ownership documents to AirBnb Renting Service for verification. After AirBnb accepts the transaction and completes the documents verification they will contact you as the potential tenant directly and verify if you have the funds available to rent the apartment. If you want I can explain you more about the AirBnb Renting Service renting process so you can understand better the whole process....I used AirBnb and I was very pleased by their services in the past ( they are true professionals).

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/