Room for Rent and other rental scams
#295231 by Michelle Tue May 17, 2016 4:50 am

Date: Tue, 3 May 2016 19:23:57 -0500
Subject: Re: �:-�:*'*�-FULLY FURNISHED 1BR APARTMENT FOR LONG AND SHORT TERM RENTAL
Thanks for your inquiry about my apartment.congratulation the apartment is available.Beds, Baths, Doorman Yes,Furnished with TV,DVD player,A/C -Heater, FREE high speed wireless internet, iron, Full kitchen Microwave, coffee maker, toaster, flatware, dishwasher, pots/pans, Lovely bed room with bed linens provided , towels, shampoo, soap, etc and also Laundry is in the basement, so you won't have to leave the building at all.. .

The periodic Rate are:

Nightly rate:$60,
Weekly rate:$350,
Monthly rate:$1300.

We offer both long and short term lease.you can extend your stay..

The total For 2 weeks = $350 x 2 = $700

To book this apartment, you will have to pay an up-front payment of 50% which is $350 plus a refundable fee of security damage deposit of $200 which altogether is $550.The balance of the rent will be paid on your arrival date. The security damage deposit will be refunded to you on your departure date when the housekeeper have check the apartment and ensured you didn't damage the property..

But before then you have to fill an agreement and booking form which you must read carefully and follow all the instruction given on the form. do let me know when to send the booking form so we could proceed with the booking and reservation of the apartment and payment.

You will get the full set of keys of the apartment and nobody will be sharing the apartment with you.The apartment sleeps up to 4.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks
Email: [email protected]

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#295276 by Michelle Tue May 17, 2016 9:53 am

Subject: Re: �:-�:*'*�-FULLY FURNISHED 1BR APARTMENT FOR LONG AND SHORT TERM RENTAL
Thanks for your mail, i am so glad to hear from you and i will secure the apartment as soon as you send the $550 via Money-gram/Western-union agent location/outlet to my accountant now at the head office so we can start with the booking and reservation now and we confirm your booking and send you a lease agreement.I do want you to send the Money to My accountant to the head office ( Carole Larson ) you can view the name and address ( 1700 W Commercial Blvd, Fort Lauderdale, FL 33309,USA ) on the agreement and booking form to send the Money to in the agreement and booking form. Please do fill the agreement and booking form and you will also email me the receipt of payment for the Money-gram/Western-Union.

Sender's name and address:
REF#:
Amount sent:

Please do forward me the payment confirmation as soon as you send the money also scan the receipt and send it to me for reference purpose, i will be waiting to hear from you with the agreement and booking form along with the payment confirmation from Money-gram/Western-Union so that i can commence with the booking and reservation. You will need to email me a day before your arrival so that i can wait to meet you face to face and give you the keys of the apartment.

Here is the apartment address:200 E 61st St, New York, NY 10065 and also there is a free parking space available

Thank you and God bless

#302515 by itsreallymead Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:36 pm
Hi there, just wanted to say thank you again. This user is continuing to do it and target all rental sites including gocraig & airbnb.

Watch out for this guy, his booking forms are sent to [email protected] / WATCH OUT FOR HIM!!!

Sent me fake passport scan some guy called "Jack Raymond Schreiber" born 14 / 12 / 1941 - his so called "financial planner" and "accounts person".

Just saved $1200... so thank you :)
#302520 by Bryon Williams Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:04 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Paypal is not a safe payment method. Yet, if used choose the credit card method.

Check with your issuer and verify your protection.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/