Room for Rent and other rental scams
#295252 by punisher1 Tue May 17, 2016 8:16 am
Oliver Woods (craigslist)

917-809-1694

Claiming to rent 1827 Grismer Ave Burbank, Ca. 91504

$900 a month and $700 deposit

Yes, beautiful apartment for rent. Me and my wife moved to New York to work for Naver Corp.
Advertisement

#295254 by Tim Atem Tue May 17, 2016 8:30 am
Thank you for posting. Please post the emails with your personal information removed as proof of the scam and also to help warn others who may be searching.

====================================
PLEASE DO NOT TELL A SCAMMER HE IS REPORTED HERE!

Learn what a scam is and how to protect yourself
https://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=5
#295473 by Squintsisgod Wed May 18, 2016 11:57 pm
Yup I can confirm that Oliver Woods is spam. Once you contact him, he will attempt to get your SSN by sending a hand written Renters Application. Please see email below which reflects his first interaction with me (before he sent me the "Renters Application."

This was sent from the following email address: [email protected]. I found him on westsiderentals.com.

Hello

Thank you for your interest in my apartment. My name is Oliver Woods, I am the owner of the Apartment you are inquiring. I resided in the Apartment with My Family, My wife Gina and Only our daughter and presently we've Moved to New York on a new Job Placement with Naver Corps and the Unit is presently Available for Rent for $900 per month unfurnished Including the Utilities (Heat, Washer & dryer, electricity, Garbage). With a dedicated parking space. So this is not a sublet nor guestroom.

We are looking for someone responsible that would We take care of our apartment like theirs. Long and short lease are welcomed, Because we'll be here for a long time. I'm Sorry you may not be able to see the inside of the unit right now, but this Email is attached with the current pictures of the Place, You may go by the apartment to have a look of the neighborhood and you'll like to take things further environment.If do get back to me with your email address . so I can email you the rental application form and then we can proceed further I will be honest with you, the best way to contact me is through text and email communication because am always busy at work. You can text (917) 809-1694

Please See attached pictures

BEDROOM: 1
BATHROOM: 1
RENTAL AMOUNT ........... $ 900 / per month
SECURITY DEPOSIT ........ $ 700
ADDRESS ..... 818 17th St Santa Monica, CA 90403
PETS ALLOWED. (WELL BEHAVED)

FIRST AND LAST MONTH WITH SECURITY DEPOSIT TO BE PAID TO MOVE IN.

Once again Thank you for Your Interest. Hope to Hear from you again.

Regards,
Oliver Woods
#295474 by Bryon Williams Thu May 19, 2016 12:11 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Thank you for the update with the email address and email. This will help others avoid this scammer.

(917) 809-1694
VoIP - Enflick

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/