Room for Rent and other rental scams
#297088 by Michelle Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:34 am
Ladina Oswald <[email protected]>:

Hi Michelle

Yes the room is available and my apartment is a well furnished 2 bedroom apartment which i want to rent out 1 bedroom and the second bedroom is occupy by me. the apartment is located at 47,Rue De La Terrassiere, Ch-1207 Geneva which is in the city and very close to transport so you can easily commute around the city.

Apart from the room you would occupy, there is a shared furnished living room,dining,kitchen with Internet (wi-fi). there is also washing machine,dryer and the rent is 520CHF all bills inclusive and deposit of 520CHF is required which will be refund to you after your stay in the apartment.

You can find attached the photos of the apartment for you to know what it looks like.

I hope to read from you again soon.

Ladina.

Ladina Oswald <[email protected]>:

Hi Michelle

I think its important to get to know a little more about each other since we would share the apartment as a flatmate. so my name Ladina as you already know :) 23 years. I am working with the marketing department of a company here. I am easy to go along with, not smoking and never get drunk in anyway. I like sports, going out sometimes, meeting new people and i like my quiet times too and respect others privacy as well.

My mother owns the apartment and i share the apartment with her but she was transferred recently for work then we decided to have someone rent the room so i can have a flatmate.

Could you tell me few more things about yourself. When exactly would you like to rent the room from? and for how long?

I hope to read from you again soon.

Ladina.

Von: Ladina Oswald <[email protected]>
Betreff: Aw: Laniece: Room offer! Flatmate needed

Hi
Its really good to know more about you and with this details i think we can along and make a good flatmate :)

And this your big question hehehe i really do not understand is. do you mean if you can bring other things to the room? or if you can rearrange the room? please make it clear.

Also definitely you can rent the room from the requested period but now that you are interested in renting the room and you want it securely reserve for you then you'll have to send me the following details..

1) Your full name and address 2) Your move in date and move out date 3) Any means of your identity (Passport or ID card).

I will be needing this details to prepare the lease contract as we need to legalize the rent by signing a contract after that you will proceed with the payment of the deposit and first month rent to confirm the reservation and an assurance towards the renting of the room. after that you would have the rental payment receipt in return for the payment made which you will have with the lease contract as a legal tenant and you can easily move in when you arrive.

I hope you understand this? so i will look forward to read from you again soon.

Ladina.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement