Room for Rent and other rental scams
#301613 by Bryon Williams Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:44 pm
From: [email protected] <[email protected]> on behalf of Patricia Klemens < [email protected] >

Subject: Property enquiry for: 1 Cassins Avenue, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (HOST: Patricia Klemens)

Hello,

Thank you for your email query regarding my apartment.
First of all, I'm Patricia Klemens. I'm renting the apartment, because my company started a new project in Ireland and I had to move here for the next 5 years
I'm kinda sad that I had to let all behind and move in other country, but I have a job and I must respect it. The apartment is available for long-term, it's in excellent condition, very clean and fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances. The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and coffee shops. The building has pool, spa, gym and many other amenities.
The rent will be $250 per week including utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable TV). A security bond of $1000 is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). Pets are allowed in the property as long as they don’t cause any serious damage. Also a parking space for two cars is available. The property can also be rented unfurnished in which case i will arrange for furniture to be collected and placed in storage. If you have any question or would you like more pictures please let me know.

In the meantime, can you please confirm the following:

· How many people would be living at the property?
· When would you like to move in?
· What term/length lease would you like?
· Do you have any pets?
· When are your most suitable times/days to view the property?

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).
Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Subject: Re: Property enquiry for: 1 Cassins Avenue, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (HOST: Patricia Klemens)

Thank you for your quick reply.
The thing, is that I'm currently in Ireland and for the moment I cannot come in person to show you the apartment. However, I hope this will not change your intentions to rent my apartment because we can do the transaction through Airbnb (http://www.airbnb.com.au). I think you already know how the transaction through them goes, but to avoid any misunderstanding I will gladly explain you step by step how the viewing procedure works.

Holiday Rentals, Homes, Apartments & Accommodation - Airbnb Australia
http://www.airbnb.com.au
Rent unique accommodation from local hosts in 191+ countries. Feel at home anywhere you go in the world with Airbnb.

To reserve the apartment through Airbnb, I will need your personal details (name, address, phone number) and a copy of your ID or passport for inspection to prepare the rental agreement. Once I have these details, I will proceed with the transaction and make all arrangements with Airbnb for an inspection. They will send you an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking. The deposit consists of first rental month and the security deposit and is just to reserve the apartment and not a commitment. You have full payment control until you will check the apartment.
After you secure the booking, an inspection time will be settled and the Airbnb agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can move in.
I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if by any reason you would like to cancel the transaction or you don't like the apartment, Airbnb will refund all your money. Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you. If you are ready to reach an agreement, please let me know your details.

Thank you,

Subject: Booking request for Property: 1 Cassins Avenue, North Sydney, NSW 2060 (HOST: Ash-Leigh Bree) - Reference no. 618520720-18

Through this invoice message we have the pleasure to inform you that your transaction with your host, Patricia Klemens, has been approved and it is ready to go.
Finish booking now to make it official and we are offering you full protection!

RESERVATION DETAILS

1 Cassins Avenue, North Sydney, NSW 2060
Apartment - Entire home/apt • Fully furnished
1 Bedrooms - 1 Bathrooms - 1 Carspaces

Arrive
July 201 6

Depart
Flexible
Rental costs / month: AU $1,000.00
Refundable damage deposit: AU $1,000.00

HOST INFORMATION

Name:
Patricia Klemens

Contact address
:
Flat 2B, Duhallow House, St Joseph's Garden
Bishoptown, Cork
Ireland

** PAYMENT INFORMATION

We kindly suggest doing the booking quickly and securely via Western Union Money Transfer.You need to go to a Western Union location in your town and send the money to our certified agent.You can find an Western Union location near you here: https://locations.westernunion.com/
In order to validate your booking, payment of AU $2,000.00 must be sent to our certified agent via Western Union using the following information:

AIRBNB AGENT
Tomas Kondos
ADDRESS
1A Wellspring Crescent
CITY / ZIP CODE
London / HA9 9UW
COUNTRY
United Kingdom

IMPORTANT
* After the payment is sent, e-mail us the transfer details for the verification with the following information from the Western Union receipt by replying to this message:
- MTCN - Money Transfer Control Number - 10 digit number
- Sender's full name and address
- Receiver's full name (Airbnb Properties Limited Agent)
- Total amount sent

Payment will be released to the host only after check in is confirmed by the guest. Security deposit will be refunded to the guest on the check out date.

After the payment is confirmed, our agent will contact you to meet and visit the apartment;
- If accepted: you will sign the contract with the Airbnb's agent and he will give you the papers and keys.
- If you refuse to rent the apartment, Airbnb will give you a full refund of the deposit.

The payment details are confidential and will not be released under any circumstances. Airbnb security measures are constantly reviewed and modified given evolving circumstances globally. Our constant priority is for the safety of our customers.
Airbnb always tries to fulfill its customers needs.

If you have any problem or delay in the payment procedure, please contact us immediately!
Thank you,
The Airbnb Team

If you are reading this because you have received a similar fake invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement