Room for Rent and other rental scams
#301728 by Michelle Wed Jul 27, 2016 5:59 am
Paul H Hubscher <[email protected]> wrote:

Thanks so much for getting back to me regards to my available home for rent, I am looking for a responsible tenant that can rent and take very good care of the house and treat as own for me as soon as possible he/she move in.

My family and i are currently out of the state for Missionary Work in a church here named World Mission. so we are renting it out since we need someone to take good care of the property on our absent. Don't be surprise if you find the home with another site and deference price, I have plan to rent it through Real estate before, but they are not serious simply because they have a lot of house to lease out And they added some money to the rent while there commission is not fair. Before we left the state , We searched for a God fearing person or a reputable agent to handle the property and help us walk interested people through to have a proper viewing of the inside but we couldn't get anyone then. So we left with the keys, remote and the house documents to ( Castor, Louisiana) ... So I will need to ship them to you before you can occupy the house But you can drive by the house any time to take look at the area and surrounding, You can also peek through the windows if you don't mind.For now we are looking for 3 or 4 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay. , I'm willing to rent out our home to a good tenant and we can work things out based on trust and honest as one family. You can ask any question regarding my home.

Attn : The rent are including the Utilities are intact such as Dishwasher,Dryer, Electric Stove, Fridge, Washer,Air Condition,Sewage,Trash, all included in the monthly rent, as i am in a governmental programmer that sponsors my utilities on monthly basis etc.

IF YOU REALLY WANT TO RENT OUR HOME, PLEASE KINDLY FILL OUT THE APPLICATION BELOW.

RENTAL APPLICATION FORM

HOUSE ADDRESS: (4000 Mountain Rd # 384D,Stowe, VT 05672)

Number of Bedroom : 3
Number of Bathroom :3
Square footage: 1,901 sqft
Pets are welcome!!!
Dog are welcome!!!

RENT: $1500
SECURITY DEPOSIT: $1000

Total Move in : $ 2,500
1) Your Full Name:__________?
2) Home Phone:__________?
3) Cell Phone Number:__________?
4) Your Full Address:__________?
5) How old are you:__________?
6) Are you married:__________?
7) How many people will be living in the house:__________?
Do you have a pet:__________?
9) What type:__________?
10) Do you have a car:__________?
11) What type:__________?
12) Occupation:__________?
13) Do you smoke:__________?
14) Do you Drink:__________?
15) Do you work at Night:__________?
16) What is your monthly income:__________?
17) Reference Contact Name and Address:__________?
18) When do you intend Moving in:__________?
19) private email:__________?
20)Tenants Picture:__________?
21) A copy of your ID :__________?
22 ) picture of you and your family:__________?
23) When can you pay for your deposit to:__________?
secure or move in:__________?

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that we can have it in our file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your prompt reply so that we can discuss on the rental terms and agreement, please we are renting the house to you base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words. So please do not let us down in maintaining our home and God bless you more as you do this.

you can reach me on....

Waiting to hear from you ASAP.
Best Regards,
Rev Paul H Walker

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank Transfer payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement