Room for Rent and other rental scams
#302516 by itsreallymead Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:40 pm
Was almost in the final stage of making a purchase on a last minute rental in "New York", turns out the photos he was using was the other side of America, actually a luxury hotel over $600 a night.

Goes by the name of Braxton James - [email protected] very hesitant to accept Paypal, I declined the transaction then he asked if I could send to his friend.

Paypal email address: [email protected]

1 Bedroom + 1 Full Bath

QUOTES BELOW

23 NIGHTS @ $50 PER MONTH= $1150 (3 NIGHTS DISCOUNT OF $150)

REFUNDABLE SECURITY FEE = $200

TOTAL AMOUNT = $1200

TOTAL DEPOSIT REQUIRED = $700

To book this apartment, you will have to pay an up-front deposit payment calculated in your quote above which is $700.( HALF TOTAL RENT + SECURITY DEPOSIT) The security damage deposit of $200 will be refunded to you on your departure date when the housekeeper have check the apartment and ensured you didn't damage the property.

Few things you may need to know:

-Address: 177 Mulberry Street New York 10012

- The apartment is close to Public Transportation, Also you'll have a parking space available for you if you're coming with a car. Since I already rent out my car, You'll be able to use my space on the parking lot throughout the period of your stay, I'll give every needed details about that upon finalizing.

- My apartment is on second floor. Easy to access, not noisy at all.

- The Apartment Complex is located in a great neighborhood and it a walking distance to metro stop

- Rent is $50/Night and a security deposit of $200 (refundable immediately after the vacation term) which will be paid to the landlord.

I look forward to sealing this with you and happy to answer any more questions you may have. it'd be good to speed things up.

I look forward to your email.
Advertisement

#302519 by Bryon Williams Mon Aug 08, 2016 12:03 am
Welcome to Scamwarners,

Paypal is not a safe payment method. Yet, if used choose the credit card method.

Check with your issuer and verify your protection.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/