Room for Rent and other rental scams
#302889 by Michelle Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:57 am
Subject: Re: post id: 5723547330 Interested in $700 / 4br - 1740ft2 - Renovated and Clean (Green Bay, WI 54302)
To: Michelle Banks

Hello,
Thank for your prompt response regarding my rental home. the house is still available for rent. I am renting this house to a responsible and neat person or family who has the fear of God and treat my house as his or her own. I work as an state agency for USAID specially in agriculture, democracy & governance, economic growth, the environment, education, health, global partnerships, and humanitarian assistance in more than 100 countries to provide a better future for all. USAID still faces an uncertain future. In many developing countries, HIV/AIDS and health issues are having a dramatic impact on social cohesiveness and economic strength, blocking the very development goals we seek. Virtually all the new democracies in the world to day are fragile, others are democracies more in name than substance. Nearly a quarter of the people living in developing countries, or about one billion people, live in absolute poverty. There are a host of other threats - ranging from terrorism to infectious disease and violent conflict - that challenge us and the developing nations we seek to help. USAID efforts to foster world -wide economic growth and increased trade,and tackling cross-border issues such as the spread of HIV/AIDS and trafficking in persons. To save the life of peoples from primitive death that claims the souls of younger ages as a result of casual sex,currently my family and I has just been transferred to city of San Antonio, Texas and we will be away for couple of years or more and this is why we are renting out our house, so if you are interested and will take good care of our house then we will be ready to accept you as our future tenant and family friend . If you really impress me by taking good care of our house then you will be allowed to stay as long as you wish okay. So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in renting home. The rent of $700/mo which include utility (Water, Gas, Garbage disposal and electricity ), security deposit of $600 also an application fee of $20.00 is require from you to move in,and it included with all this...hydro, heat, water, electric, gas, washer/ dryer, sewer laundry facilities, air condition and so on,PETS ARE WELCOME NO FEE! The property is 4bedrooms with 2full bathrooms house address is: 481 Wayfarer Way,Green Bay, WI 54302". If you really know that you can take very good care of my house, I'll like to know just few things about you and your family such as below:-

SO IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED I WILL WANT YOU TO FILL THE RENT APPLICATIONS FORM BELOW

RENT APPLICATION FORM

PLEASE TELL US ABOUT YOURSELF

FIRST NAME:__________?
MIDDLE NAME:__________?
LAST NAME:__________?
PROFESSION:__________?
PHONE:
(CELL)PHONE__________?
(WORK)PHONE__________?
BEST TIME TO CALL __________?
(HOME)PHONE__________?
KIDS_____ (YES/NO), HOW MANY________
PRESENT ADDRESS: _____________________
CITY: _______________
STATE:______________
ZIP CODE: ____________
OWN OR RENT:____________?
MONTHLY PAYMENT OR RENT:____________?
CURRENT EMPLOYER AND PHONE:____________?
WHY ARE YOU LEAVING__________?
IF THIS HOUSE IS BEING GIVEN TO YOU,HOW LONG DO YOU INTEND STAYING ____________?
HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL BE LIVING IN THE HOUSE:____________?
DO YOU HAVE A CAR:____________?
WHEN DO YOU INTEND MOVING IN?______________?
HOW SOON CAN YOU MAKE THE DEPOSIT PAYMENT____________?
HOW SOON DO YOU WANT TO RECEIVE THE KEYS:____________?
DO YOU AGREE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT BEFORE GETTING THE KEYS : ____________?
WHEN AND WHERE DO YOU WISH TO RECEIVE THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS OF THE HOUSE: ____________?
IF YOU HAVE A PET,
NAME OF PET: _____________?
KIND OF PETS: _____________?
HABITS
DO YOU SMOKE ______________ ?
DO YOU DRINK ______________?
DO YOU WORK LATE NIGHT?____?

COPY OF YOUR ID(IF ANY):could be attached with the application

NB: YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO WALK-THROUGH THE INTERIOR PART OF THE HOUSE BECAUSE I HAVE THE KEYS HERE WITH ME BUT I CAN SEND YOU PICTURES.
Kindly write back on how you will take care of the house or perhaps experience you have in renting homes, Please have this in mind that you are dealing and talking to a very nice, good and professional family who have been looking for a decent, reliable and GOD fearing family or household that would be taken care of our property so much like any other of their homes have been taken care off, If you find any of our question inconvenience please don't be offended but answer it because we want and like to know the kind of family that will be living in our house from day one so nothing from them will be strange to us again. ANY TYPE OF PETS ARE WELCOME BUT WITH SOME RESTRICTION, DEPENDING ON THE TYPE OF PET.
I look forward to hear from you soonest at your convenient with the questionnaire above fill out so we can discuss on how to get my house for lease ASAP.

WILLIAM & JANICE M WHITE
You Can Reach Me At # 682) 207-6751.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union, MoneyGram or Bank Transfer payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#311264 by CJ Doe Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:48 am
E-mail: [email protected]

Am I happy you posted this!!!

FYI... I did some investigating and they are doing something better to make it look good. The names they are signing the e-mails are actually the owners of the homes. The name of the owners where actually on the deed of the house. The house was in NJ and you can easily find the owners' names on NJPARCEL.com with putting the address.

Be careful.