Room for Rent and other rental scams
#304499 by Michelle Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:54 am
Von: Russo Andrea <[email protected]>

An: Michelle Banks
Betreff: Rental Contract AND My passport copy

Hello Michelle Banks

Thanks for your response to my aprtment sorry for the little delay in response, Kindly print it out, sign it and have it scanned back to me. I received your correct address as the keys will be posted to you via dhl courier service 1-2 days shipment.

It will take 6-7 days for the payment to reflect in my account thats why i choose to use money gramm because its very fast and safe because i just arrive here and money gramm will be the best because it will be fast and its reliable.

Below is my information needed for you to make the payment to me via money gramm transfer, Make sure you are able locate a money gramm outlet that is very close to your address and take cash there or and you do not have to go far to do that you can send it Via money gramm using the online payment at www.moneygramm.com as that is very fast and safe .

Name: Russo Andrea

Address: 367 Strand London WC2R OJJ, United Kingdom.

Here is my bank account information.

Bank Name ...LLOYDS BANK PLC
Account name: .....................Russo Andrea
Account Number:.....60189763
Sort code.......777216
Bank BIC........LOYDGB21E95
IBAN............GB39LOYD77721660189763
Branch........Peterborough Westgate
Address.......Csc Dept. 7216 Essex CM1 1J

In this case I could pay in Euro or lb. If not I will do the payment in ILS? pay in Euro OK

Make sure you get back to me with the senders name, senders address, exact amount sent and the 8 digits number. You can also send me a scanned copy of the money gramm receipt. I will email you the tracking number for the shipment as soon as it is sent. Once i receive the payment confirmation from you today, i will go ahead with the shipment.

I await your email soonest.

Regards
Russo

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#345826 by Michelle Mon Nov 20, 2017 5:42 am

Hello ,

Thanks for the mail, i am so happy to let you know that the apartment is still very much available for rent.Here are some important information about the apartment.The apartment cost 2000ILS per month including all bills such as: Wireless internet facilities, Television, Phone, Microwave, Dish washer, washing machine, Dryer, Refrigerator,Bedroom,Bathroom, Toilet,Livingroom, kitchen, utility room, parking space, dishes, cutlery, pots, pans, fridge, stove, oven, microwave and coffee maker. The bedroom has a full bed with down duvet & pillows, the blankets, and a 6 drawer dresser, dining table, reading chair, fold out couch, water, hydro.

Plus 3000ILS for security deposit payment which is refundable while packing without any lost or damage of my properties.

The apartment is located at 30 Hayarkon Street; 64373 TEL AVIV; ISRAEL and it just about 1.2km distance to its metro station,the apartment spacious is about 80sqm and a room is about 30sqm, restaurant and public transport all around and it's few mins walking distance to the supermarket, so it's located in a very nice and safe area in TEL AVIV.its on the second floor of the building.

To know much more about the environment,just open www,google.com, click on map, copy the address and paste it into the map, you will surely see the building and the environment very clearly.

But presently am not available in TEL AVIV for now as am presently in United kingdom now to complete my work with my company and am here with my families and my keys.But all you need to do is to go straight to the address i sent you to take a look of the apartment from outside ,But i want you to have it mind that the apartment is presently locked and am here with the keys.that is the reason why i sent you my apartment picture just for you to have an idea of how the inside looks like.you will be living in my apartment without sharing it with anybody.it is available for short term and long term basis because am going to be here for 2 years and i dont want my apartment to be dusty when coming back After 2 years,that is the main reason why am renting out my apartment.

But before any reservation,Can you tell me little about yourself,Anything you think you want me to know about you.

where are you from and also where are you presently?
what is your experience in renting an apartment?
Have you ever rent an apartment before?
Did you smoke?
Did you have pet?
did you take drugs?
did you have car?
Are you going to stay alone?
Are you paying the rent yourself?
What are you doing for living?
How old are you?
What is your gender?
Phone number?
Mobile Number?
What is the best time to call you?

Attach are some pictures of how my Apartment looks like.That is the information you need to know about my Apartment.If you are interested in renting my Apartment Kindly get back to me so that i can tell you on how to get it reserved.Here is my uk mobile number +447045780295 or +447035941978 for further discussion on the apartment.

Best regards,
Russo

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.