Room for Rent and other rental scams
#304648 by Michelle Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:54 am
Dieter Sommer <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my apartment. My name is Dieter Sommer, i have inherited this apartment from my uncle who unfortunately passed away last year and as i am not looking to move to Germany, as i was born and raised in England. The apartment comes with 1 parking spot,a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want use your furniture),there is also a linen closet, and most importantly, a new washer and drier.
Pets allowed.
I am looking to rent it for as long as possible, and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself. The rent of the apartment for 1 month is EURO 790 all bills included.
Let me know if you hae further interest and i can provide you with more details. The email system provided by the website seems to go wrong sometimes, if you have any problems please feel free to contact me to my direct email address: [email protected]

Thank you!
Dieter Sommer

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#304710 by qasbak Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:07 am
same thing

Hello,

Thanks for taking the time to look at my apartment. My name is Dieter Sommer, i have inherited this apartment from my uncle who unfortunately passed away last year and as i am not looking to move to Germany, as i was born and raised in England. The apartment comes with 1 parking spot,a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don’t like it and you want use your furniture),there is also a linen closet, and most importantly, a new washer and drier.
Pets allowed.
I am looking to rent it for as long as possible, and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself. The rent of the apartment for 1 month is EURO 790 all bills included.
Let me know if you hae further interest and i can provide you with more details. The email system provided by the website seems to go wrong sometimes, if you have any problems please feel free to contact me to my direct email address: [email protected]

Thank you!
Dieter Sommer

Hello ,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you that from my side we will not have any problems .Like I have informed you before, the price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 790 euro(all costs included) and i also want one month guarantee deposit 790 euro ( the guarantee deposit 790 euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. The money, I want to receive monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money .
Of course you will have to see the apartment before discussing further details . I am willing to send you the keys so you can visit it and see it suits your needs. The delivery for the keys and viewing permit (signed by me), will be made with Airbnb to make sure that we can trust each other.
I will explain the procedure if you are interested so please e-mail me as soon as you read this message because I really need to take care of this matter.

Regards

Hello,

If you decide to proceed, I will have to contact Airbnb to provide all necessary information so that they can begin the process immediately. You will receive a notification from Airbnb shortly, with all the instructions to follow and the invoice as well.
Regarding the payment, you will be instructed to deposit first payment a month’s rent in advance + 1(one) month warranty (EUR 1580) to an account that belongs to Airbnb. I need to pay in advance at the company Airbnb because i came myself for views before and people did not show up(no offence). Airbnb will hold and secure the money until you check the apartment and decide if you want to take it or not. This is how their policy works, customer protection. Once the funds were deposited into their account, they will begin the shipping process. The keys and rental contract will be delivered to your address in not more than 2 days. You will be given control over three days from the day you receive the keys and contract at home. If you decide to keep the apartment, then you will need to authorize Airbnb to release the funds for me and the transaction will be completed. If you are not satisfied with the apartment, you can send the keys and the contract and Airbnb will return the funds to you there and then.
Although I am sure you will love the apartment, it is good to know that you have this second option available. If you want to continue renting the apartment, please tell me your name and full address so I can start business immediately through Airbnb.
I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards

Hello,

As soon as you send me your details as requested(full name and address) i will start the process with airbnb.

Dieter

Antworten