Room for Rent and other rental scams
#305658 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:05 pm
Giuliano Fargnoli [email protected]

Hello,

First, Thank you for your e-mail.
Second, sorry for my late reply.
I am the owner of the apartment. My name is Giuliano Fargnoli old graphic designer from Rome / Italy.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom, floor 2. Is available for long-term, it's in excellent condition, very clean and fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances. The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and coffee shops.
The rent will be 1200 Euro per month including utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable TV). A security bond of 1200 Euro is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). The apartment is fully furnished, like in the pictures. If you have any question please let me know.

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

Apartment address: Westgate, St Augustine Street, Christchurch, Dublin 8

Apartment pictures:

Sorry, rent allowance is not accepted.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you

Hello,

Thank you for your quick reply.
The thing, is that I'm currently in Italy and for the moment I cannot come in person to show you the apartment. I come to Ireland every 6 months for 3 or 4 days and if you rent the apartment i will stay to a hotel. However, I hope this will not change your intentions to rent my apartment because we can do the transaction through Airbnb ( www.airbnb.com<http://www.airbnb.com/><http://www.airbnb.com/><http://www.airbnb.com/> ). I think you already know how the transaction through them goes, but to avoid any misunderstanding I will gladly explain you step by step how the viewing procedure works. I have used this company in the past and I was very happy with them. You can inspect the apartment in the presence of the Airbnb agent.
Airbnb is giving you the possibility to see the apartment before you decide if you want to rent it or not.

Please provide me with the following details for your referencing application so that I can register the transaction with Airbnb and move forward.

Full Name ?
Phone number ?
How many people are going to live in my apartment ?
When would you like to move in ?
What term/length lease would you like ?
When are your most suitable times/days to view the apartment ?
Do you have any pets ?

Passport or National ID photo ?

The Airbnb agent will require you to show the Passport or National ID in original when you move in.
The copy is needed in order to to prepare the rental agreement.

Once I have these details, I will proceed with the transaction and make all arrangements with Airbnb for an inspection. You will receive an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking. After you secure the booking, an inspection time will be settled and the Airbnb agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can move in. All the fees that Airbnb ask for this service are paid by me.

I'm quite confident you will like the apartment, but if by any reason you would like to cancel the transaction or you don't like the apartment, Airbnb will refund all your money. Also, in case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the viewing now, and reserve the apartment for you. If you are ready to reach an agreement, please let me know your details.

Regards,

From: Giuliano Fargnoli <[email protected]<mailto:[email protected]>>
Subject: Re: Dublin 8, Apartment to Rent, €1199 Monthly

Hello,

I just done the reservation. Did you received it ?

Please access the reservation. Airbnb will ask you to complete your Billing Information (your name and address ) where to send the bill/invoice. After you completed the details, Airbnb will present you all the details about the transaction and how you can make the payment.
After you make the payment deposit to Airbnb, an inspection time will be settled and an Airbnb agent will come to show you the apartment and help you with all the formalities so you can move in.

The first month of rent plus security deposit that you have to pay in advance is 100 % refundable if you do not agree with the apartment. The payment is a simple formality and by paying you are not obliged to rent the apartment ,you are just respecting the policy of a abroad Airbnb company. It kind of makes sense since they handle abroad rentals and they send the agents all over Europe.

The payment deposit must be confirmed in 2 working days because other way I have to open another case with Airbnb and I must pay for every case. After the payment is done let me know the day when you want to see the apartment.
After you see the apartment please let me know what do you think about it.(I personally think it will fit all your needs)
I have completed my part, please do so with yours.

Regards,

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please
forward
the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement