Room for Rent and other rental scams
#305668 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:26 pm
Subject: Apartment for rent - Elm Street, Omaha, NE

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to look at my apartment. My name is Kenneth.
I am looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I want to be clean all the time and the possible tenant will see the apartment as his or her own and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself. The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities (exactly like in the pics). It has dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer. There are two parking spots, a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want to use your
furniture). Pets allowed. The monthly rent for the apartment is 500 USD - utilites included (water, sewer, electricity, heat). I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 5 years or more. Most of the time I'm offshore, I inspect oil rigs for a living.
The property is being managed by Airbnb and they will handle the whole rental process.
If you want to know more about the rental process please get back to me and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Find attached more photos and let me know if you like the apartment.

Regards,
Ing. Kenneth Mays

Subject: Re: Apartment for rent - Elm Street, Omaha, NE

Hello Bryon,
As I already told you in my first email Airbnb will handle the renting process in my behalf due to my offshore job. I will have to contact the agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. For that I will need your full name, rental period with exact move-in date, if other persons will be living with you, your email , phone number and a copy if your ID or Passport if possible.
To secure the apartment you will be instructed to deposit of $500 to the agency just to confirm reservation which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment. The keys and rental agreement will be delivered by their agent at your current address same day the deposit is paid, or you can meet with the agent at the apartment when you arrive. If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to sign the lease agreement and inform the agency. If you don't sign the tenancy agreement you receive a full refund of the deposit payment within the same day you made your decision. After you move in the apartment, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account.
If that is acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the airbnb reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.
I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time and nice cooperation.
Please find attached a photo of my passport.

Regards!
Ing. Kenneth Mays

Domain Name: MAYS-MAINTENANCE.COM
Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Sponsoring Registrar IANA ID: 48
Whois Server: whois.enom.com
Referral URL: http://www.enom.com
Name Server: DNS1.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Name Server: DNS2.REGISTRAR-SERVERS.COM
Status: clientTransferProhibited https://icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Updated Date: 14-aug-2016
Creation Date: 14-aug-2016
Expiration Date: 14-aug-2017

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#307682 by Bryon Williams Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:27 am
Kenneth Wilton Mays <[email protected]>
Subject: Apartment for rent - N Pennsylvania St Indianapolis, Indiana

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to look at my apartment. My name is Kenneth.
I am looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I want to be clean all the time and the possible tenant will see the apartment as his or her own and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself. The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities (exactly like in the pics). It has dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer. There are two parking spots, a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want to use your
furniture). Pets allowed. The monthly rent for the apartment is 560 USD - utilites included (water, sewer, electricity, heat). I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 5 years or more. Most of the time I'm offshore, I inspect oil rigs for a living.
The property is being managed by Airbnb and they will handle the whole rental process.
If you want to know more about the rental process please get back to me and I will send you the step by step procedure.

Regards,
Ing. Kenneth Mays

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
#308176 by slimthick Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:47 pm
Kenneth Wilton Mays <[email protected]>
Attachments1:24 PM (1 hour ago)

to me
Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to look at my apartment. My name is Kenneth. I am looking for a responsible person that can take a very good care of my apartment. I want to be clean all the time and the possible tenant will see the apartment as his or her own and I hope that you can send me some personal information about yourself. The apartment is fully furnished with all necessary amenities (exactly like in the pics). It has dishwasher, washing machine and clothes dryer. There are two parking spots, a storage unit where you can deposit my furniture (if you don't like it and you want to use your
furniture). Pets allowed. The monthly rent for the apartment is 750 USD - utilites included (water, sewer, electricity, heat). I am looking for someone to rent anywhere from 1 month to 5 years or more. Most of the time I'm offshore, I inspect oil rigs for a living.

Regards,
Ing. Kenneth Mays

As I already told you in my first email Airbnb will handle the renting process in my behalf due to my offshore job. I will have to contact the agency and provide them all the necessary information so they can start the rental process. For that I will need your full name, rental period with exact move-in date, if other persons will be living with you, your email , phone number and a copy if your ID or Passport if possible.
To secure the apartment you will be instructed to deposit of $500 to the agency just to confirm reservation which is fully refundable in case you don't like the apartment. The keys and rental agreement will be delivered by their agent at your current address same day the deposit is paid, or you can meet with the agent at the apartment when you arrive. If you are satisfied with the apartment all you have to do is to sign the lease agreement and inform the agency. If you don't sign the tenancy agreement you receive a full refund of the deposit payment within the same day you made your decision. After you move in the apartment, the monthly payment will be sent directly to my bank account.
If that is acceptable please provide the requested details and I will submit your application right away. I will send the airbnb reservation offer to your email and you can take it from there.
I look forward to hearing back from you. Thank you for your time and nice cooperation.
Please find attached a photo of my passport.

Regards!
Ing. Kenneth Mays