Room for Rent and other rental scams
#307731 by Michelle Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:21 pm
Alice Hebert <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi Michelle don`t worry, i will try to assist you with all it stays in my power.
I hope you will succeed to complete the payment tomorrow in the morning at a early hour or if it it possible for you , do as the other guest has done before, complete the payment using online banking transfer.
I am asking you to hurry up because payment must be completed by you in 24 hours from the moment air bnb has sent you the notification in your email.
In conclusion if the payment will be completed to late the booking will be automatically be canceled.
Right now, you have to hurry and complete this payment for the booking and send to me or to air bnb email the scanned document from bank with the payment proof.
Payment details:
BANK NAME: BBVA BANK
BANK ADDRESS: CALLE SAN DIEGO 5, 48910 SESTAO, BIZKAIA, SPAIN
HOLDER ACCOUNT: Ruben Prol
IBAN: ES57 0182 0039 1402 0155 5440
BIC / SWIFT CODE: BBVAESMMXXX
Payment Reference: AMS-1432-BNB
The issue is that we receive a new email from another potential guest who wants to book for same dates.
Because of this issue,i need to know if you can complete the payment today or at latest tomorrow morning!
Thank you very much , i will be here to assist you and also i am waiting scanned document proof of payment.
Thank you.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#382303 by Michelle Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:28 am

Hi,

I am Sarah Gloeckner, you're more than welcome to stay at our accommodation for your holiday, me and my husband will offer you a pleasant and memorable stay, If our accommodation it is suitable for your standards, please replay in order to unlock the dates.

Ahead any arrangements, you need to know that same dates also desired by another group from Germany we are still waiting his replay any moment now.

If by any chance you are decided just let me know and I will unblock and process your booking, obviously if your positive answer comes before the German group.

The dates are in this moment available, we will not favor anyone, in the end of the day it is a business, so first come will be first serve.

Payment and booking will obviously book through Boking.com for everyone's security.

In case that you are wandering, we have advertise at this price, because the Booking.com account is new, that is why we have a lower rate prices in order to accumulate fast and positive feedback (base on Booking.com advice).

I have added details of our accommodation:

Guests maximum capacity: 7

Bedrooms: 3

Bathrooms: 3

Accommodation type: Entire Home

Nightly rate: 200€

Cleaning: 50€ (cleaning fee for the end of your stay)

Security deposit: 300€: (refundable at check out day)

Airport transfer: *Optional (you will paid it when you arrive)

If you need airport transfer just let us know, for we arrange it.

Guests can certainly expect our properties to be 110% clean also amenities like any 4/5 stars hotels.

Security deposit: We asking security deposit because in the past our place was rented to group of guests and at check out our place was so shockingly squalid, full with cigarettes butts stubbed out on furniture, feces covering the bathroom, used condoms all over the bedrooms, chewed gum on the floors, among other horrendous things. I am sure that you understand why for us it is important to ask for security deposit. I will mention once again that the security deposit is a good-faith deposit and should not be mistaken for a down payment, because it will be get it back, on check out day.

We offer free of any charge:

Welcome minibar at check in: bottles local beer, bottles of coke, bottles of seven up or similar, mini orange drinks, bottles of water, crackers, snacks.

Facilities: High-quality bed linens, blankets, pillows, bathrobes, towels additional pillow and additional blanket on demand. Bathrooms equipped with hairdryer, high-end bath products.

Fully-equipped modern kitchen: Toaster. Oven. Juicer. Microwave. Mixing Bowls. Coffee Pot/Kettle. Refrigerator. Pots and Pans. Mixer. Dish Washer. Dishes. Cutlery. Glasses etc.

Comfort: Washing/drying machines room, iron. Air conditioning also central heating. Wireless Internet TV, Laptop friendly work-space, satellite television. High security system. Satellite television, play station 3 & Wii game console, hi-Fi sound system LCD TV, library.

Parking: 2 spaces (free of charge).

Cancellation Policy: Full refund 5 days prior to arrival.

Check-in and check-out : Very flexible, between reservations we always have a day off for cleaning and disinfection of premises.

Sleeping spaces: bedrooms - each with own bathroom (equipped with hairdryer and consumables ), additional we have 1 sectional couches but there is not a so much comfort comparative with the bedrooms.

In case that our accommodation is what you need for your holiday please replay in order to check your booking dates with following details:

1) phone number including with country code:

2) exact arrival and departure date:

3) exact number of guest:

4) your full name:

5) check-in and check-out hour if you know them at this moment.

6) Airport Transfer: Yes/No.

Thank you, I am waiting your replay.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake!
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.