Room for Rent and other rental scams
#311106 by Michelle Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:22 am
Lenny Davidson <[email protected]> wrote:
Dear Michelle

Nice to meet you!

Now I'm going to give you a bit of information about myself and my family, I want to give you some insight into who I am... As I said before, I'm not looking to make a profit with the apartment and this work to your advantage, making payments extremely easy from month to month.

I'm a caring person who believes in taking good care of things... I graduate St George's, University of London and here I met my beautiful wife. I am currently 38 years old, married, doctor oncologist, I'm a mature individual, work hard for my family, very sincere, respectable and I love to meet new people.
My wife is a physician assistant, her name is Carla, together we have two little beautiful daughters.

It had been my father’s dream to become a doctor. My father deserve all my thanks and gratitude for bestowing in me ethics which uphold a strong sense of service to others and a love of God and family. He was my hero and my best friend. I inherited this apartment from my father when he past away, after that it has been totally updated and renovated, it looks exactly like in the pictures!
I'm originally from Canada, we thought about moving there, we tried several times to transfer our jobs, but unfortunately the things didn't work the way we've expected. I like it there, but our life is here now, in London-UK, so we decided to rent it and keep this beautiful apartment for our daughters, when they will grow up.

This is the second time I tried to rent the apartment, I had a deal with somebody before who said he will rent it if I come there.. So I got a plane ticket, and guess what!? When I arrived there, he didn't show up and after 2 days he give me a call and said that he is sorry but he can't rent it anymore, because he has no money.
It was unfortunate that my past bitter experience of inviting people to come and view my apartment without any form of confirmation of their financial ability and not keeping up to time as at when scheduled, has brought about great loss to me.
So don't get me wrong and don't take it personally, but now I don't want to buy another plane ticket to come and fall for it once more... maybe you won't show up. I'm sick of tire-kickers, people who are just looking around and not serious about renting, so please, don't waste my time... No offence!

You're a great person, with a beautiful profile, you're the best to live in this comfortable apartment, of which I'm sure that you'll enjoy every day of it, so if you are really interested to move into, the apartment is fully equipped and ready!

I have a good solution to complete this rental very fast for both of us and you will have the keys in hands, in less than 48 hours.

Kindly get back to us for more information.

Here is a pic of us!

Lenny & family

Lenny Davidson <[email protected]>

I will try explain to you step by step how this will work, please take a few moments and read my email carefully!

* The all utility bills will be redirected to me in London.
* The apartment is as described, but if something will broke down after you moved, you are responsible and the cost of repairs will be deducted from your rent.
* I would like to receive the money monthly into my bank account and I hope there will be no problem for you to wire the money to it.

As I said before, the apartment is fully equipped, ready for immediate move in and I'll give you the opportunity to inspect personally everything.

Do you think a 2 days inspection period will suffice?

This rental will be managed by UFSL | Uneek Freight Services Ltd.

STEP # 1

In order to proceed, I need your shipping information:

Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal code:

STEP # 2

With the information you'll provide, I'll go at UFSL office and I'll leave the keys and the contract in their possession to start the process. They will acts as a middle man between us.
The shipping will be done through UFSL | International Air Freight in 48 hours | Door-to-Door.

Uneek Freight Services is a worldwide delivery company, a full service international freight forwarder, specializing in shipping commercial cargo from and to United Kingdom by air and by ocean, (door-to-door service).
I used this company many times and find they are helpful, polite, efficient and on time. I never had a problem!
For more information, please checkout their website < - > Uneek-Group.com

Here are the contents that will be delivered to you:

* Entrance and the rooms keys
* The apartment documented file
* Residential lease agreement

Of course, we will need some way to go through this agreement, to allow us ensure that we get what we are expecting, because you can't send me the money directly and I must have a warranty to send you the keys.

STEP # 3

* The tenant must deposit the first month of rent into the UFSL company's account;

* They can proceed with the shipping and you'll receive the keys and the contract signed by me at your door in 48 hours;

* The agent will bring the keys in front of your door and then you have 2 days to go and see the apartment. After the inspection period you must give them an answer.

* If you decide to keep it, you'll have to supply them a copy of the contract signed by you and the deposit will be going directly to my account. The contract will be signed and filled in after you will check the apartment;

* If you don`t find it exactly as described, they will refund your money and the keys back to me. NOTE*** I'll get the deposit only if you decide to keep the apartment;

* Uneek Freight Services will provide assistance in handling the payment and delivery of the keys, I'll pay for the services performed by the company, so there will not be any additional cost to you.

I'll await your quick response and I'll complete the transaction asap.

Best Regards,

Lenny & family

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement