Room for Rent and other rental scams
#312331 by Michelle Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:35 am
From: Availability Home <[email protected]> also [email protected]

Hello Michelle
Thanks for your email, sorry for the late respond....I personally own the house, I want my property to be well taken good care of there are some rules and regulation. I do give out to tenant willing to rent my house please don't disrespect my order but if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes his way.........You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know how to use the stove to avoid fire outbreak, you must not disturb the neighbor. I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (West Africa) for Missionary Work in a church here named World Mission because formally the house was for sale but my husband advised me not to sell it anymore, now l want to rent the house because I'm looking for someone to move in asap. We are renting it out because we need someone to take good care of the property because of the distance we are not after the money. Don't be surprise if you find this house at another website with different price, I plan to rent it through Real estate before but they are not serious because they have a lot of house to lease out and they added some money to rent it and the commission is not flexible. Have this in mind you must know the kind of person I'm because am giving you this rules because of what or responded between me and my last tenant , you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding. For now we are looking for 2 or 3 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........

Number of Bedrooms: 4 Beds
Number of baths: 2.0
Square footage: 2,313
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $750
Refundable security Deposit: $750
House Address: 7633 SW 79th Drive, Gainesville, FL 32608

Filling out of the Questionnaire will determined if you are the right person to occupy my house,we will send another email to let our know our final decision.

Rental Information......

Full Name?
Full Address?
Cell Phone Number?
Home phone Number?
Work Phone Number?
Date of Birth?
Are you married?
How many people will be living in the house?
picture of you and your family?

Do you have a pet?
Do you have a car?
Occupation?

What is your monthly income?
Reference Contact Name and Address if Any?
Why are you moving?

When do you intend to pay the deposit?
When do you intend Moving in?
Any Police problem?

Thanks and God bless you.
XINYU WU & family
(205) 578-2381

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement