Room for Rent and other rental scams
#314621 by Michelle Fri Dec 16, 2016 6:25 am
Louise Hemus <[email protected]> wrote:

ABOUT ME:

My name is Louis I'm 22 year old female professional who keeps "normal" hours. I generally work between 9:5 during the week, i am also attending evening lecture for my professional course and am sometimes up early a few days of the week/weekend to work out/ go running. I've very laid back.English is my mother tongue but i wouldn't mind learning any other foreign language from my flatmate,after all ,i am here to learn different culture.

WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN MY FLATMATE:

Responsible, cool male or female flatmate. Honestly, I don't care if you're out late as long as you're not noisy when you get in.Someone who keeps common areas clean, purchase supplies when needed and will help out with occasional kitchen+ bathroom cleaning. Doesn't smoke in the living room. Doesn't have pets or live in friends. Occasional friends, guests staying over is ok. Someone who is considerate and will communicate when they are going to be away for some time or if they are going to have someone staying over,Surprise guests, not so cool. The most important thing I'm looking for is to find a flatmate to share daily life and common values. I do not like drama.

ABOUT THE APARTMENT:

* Large, well lit living room area with hardwood floors
* Washer and dryer in the unit (brand new)
* Kitchen has lots of cabinets, cooker, refrigerator, and dishwasher (all stainless)
* Central heat throughout the apartment
* 2 bathrooms(separate WC/bathroom with tub and private toilet)
* coffee maker, blender, toaster, microwave, washing machine.utensils, deep freezer
* Internet Wi-Fi is available .
* Telephone with free, unlimited international calls to land phones including Europe and some North America countries

PRICE
The rent is 800 CHF per month and refundable deposit of 900 CHF ,including the electricity and gas.

ABOUT THE ROOM:

* The bedroom has a private bathroom. Newly renovated.
* Size -- 18 m²' (853 sq ft)
* Private bathroom (separate WC/bathroom with tub and private toilet)

ABOUT THE LOCATION:

The Apartment is Conveniently located at Avenue du Mont-d'Or, 1007 Lausanne in the heart of Lausanne, between the lake and the city centre,functionally furnished rooms have private or shared bathrooms.Lausanne Main Train Station is 3 km away, and the Malley Metro Station offering connections to the city centre is just 800 metres away.Places of interest close to the Appartment include the Allaman Castle, Lac de Sauvabelin and Lavaux. University of Lausanne is within a 6-minute drive., you will find at walking distance well-known luxury shops, restaurants, banks, as well as historic places to be visited … Everything to enjoy a nice stay in Lausanne.

If this sounds like a good fit and you actually read everything then please send me a detailed email telling me about yourself, what you do, how long you will be staying in the flat and why you think this might be a good fit.

Regards
Louise

Subject: CONTRACT AND MY ID

Hello Gaetan,
Attached is the contract please read it well, sign the last page and send it back to me with your ID and payment slip as soon as its done.I'll also sign and send you the signed copy from me.

Bellow is my mother's bank details:

ACCOUNT NAME: ILYAS RASHID
ADDRESS: 37 Fleet St, London,EC4Y 1BT, United Kingdom
BANK:SANTANDER
BANK ADDRESS:9 Nelson Street, Bradford,West Yorkshire, BD1 5AN,United
Kingdom
IBAN: GB42ABBY09012850509626
BIC: ABBYGB2L

Regards
Louise

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement