Room for Rent and other rental scams
#316018 by Michelle Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:17 am
Ralph S <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi

Thanks for contacting me. I am the property manager of the unit you inquired about. The one-bedroom home features wood floors with an open and flexible layout, one full baths, an updated kitchen complete with gas range, in-unit laundry, parking and more.

**The unit is 756 sq. ft.
Address: 1177 California Street, San Francisco, CA 94108
Neighborhood: Nob Hill
Bedrooms: 1 beds
Bathrooms: 1 baths

Fully furnished (but can also be rented unfurnished), if you care about security this is the place to stay and its pet friendly.

Lease term is flexible, month to month, 3,6 months or 1 year lease term.......which can be renewed when it expires.

• Available for $2,350
• Security Deposit (Refundable) $1,000

Utilities (Electricity, water, parking (1 car), gas, heat and sewer) are included in the monthly rent; We are currently leasing for January/February and March, 2017 move-ins! and you can have it reserve now if you wish.

Please keep in mind that our homes are very popular and are leasing extremely fast. I don’t want you to miss out on the perfect home; I strongly recommend beginning the process ASAP to secure your home & special leasing rental rates!

Available Discount for different lease Terms:
1. THREE MONTHS PLAN: Pay for three month rental fee plus refundable security deposit and get a discount of 10% on rent.
2. SIX MONTHS PLAN: Pay for six month rental fee plus refundable security deposit and get a discount of 10% on rent.
3. ONE YEAR PLAN: Pay for one year rental fee plus refundable security deposit and get a discount of 15% on rent.

Other amenities available: BBQ, Package Receiving, High Speed Internet Available, Cable/Satellite TV.

If this unit satisfies what you are looking for, do let me know so that I can forward to you the tenancy form, lease contract for review and reservation details for booking.

Lastly, please note that 1 other possible renter have shown interest in this unit also, and I will be obliged to rent out to anyone that makes reservation now.

I need to know you and your present location.

My Regards,
Ralph S

Hi
This is to acknowledge your email and interest to reserve the unit.

The unit is available for short and long term lease and is fully furnished and can also be rented unfurnished and if you wish to bring your furniture you are free to do so and his guaranteed in the lease contract. There is washer/Dryer in the unit, central air conditioning and assign parking and pet friendly.

About Viewing: Please note that the unit will only be available for viewing from January 14th and possible move in date is January 15th, because the current occupants lease will expire 10:00am on the 13th of January and the unit will be cleaned up that same day which is why I said that the earliest viewing date (January 14th); so you can schedule to come view the unit January 14th by 12.00 noon

If you are really interested in the unit do secure it now for your move in date so that you do not loose it to one prospective tenants who are also in contact. Like I said before who secures it first gets the unit. The terms and conditions of the lease contract gives you full refund if you do not want the unit upon viewing.

Lease Plan Available:
- 1 months rent with a refundable security deposit.
- 3 months upfront payment attract 10% discount of the total rent plus refundable security deposit.
- 6 months upfront payment attract discount of 10% of the total rent plus a refundable security deposit.
- Upfront payment a year lease attracts 15% discount of the total rent with a refundable security deposit

Please do find attached the rental application form sign and send back to me by email attachment and as soon as i receive the sign form. I will forward the lease contract for reservation.

I await your response so that we can proceed with the securing of the unit for your lease duration. I am 100% confident that if you like what you saw online, you will surely go ahead and take it because the pictures represent the present conditions of the unit.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Ralph S
(415) 449-5438

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#317501 by Bryon Williams Thu Jan 19, 2017 7:12 pm
Phone number used is VoiP which can be used anywhere in the World with internet access.

(415) 449-5438
4154495438 is a VoIP number with an area code in CA

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/