Room for Rent and other rental scams
#316662 by Michelle Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:50 am

Obrigado pelo seu interesse,

Lamento pelos meus erros gramaticais. Eu não sou originalmente de Portugal.
Por favor, responda-me em Inglês, se puder.

O apartamento está disponível para alugar em bom estado, totalmente mobiliado e bem equipados. É espaçoso e bem ventilado, com restaurantes, supermercados e transportes públicos ao redor, e localizado em uma área muito bonita e segura na R. Actor António Silva 5, 1750 Lisboa .

O aluguel é de € 350, incluindo todos os serviços públicos (Internet / água / gás / electricidade / aquecimento / TV a cabo).

Atualmente não estou em Portugal. Estou engenheiro e eu trabalho em (BP Europa SE Oddzial w Polsce) no Polônia. Eu comprei este apartamento para o meu filho durante os estudos que ele é, mas agora ele está de volta para casa no Polônia permanentemente, assim que eu estou alugando o local por tempo ilimitado. Eu não tenho ninguém lá que eu confio para deixar as chaves e devido a minha experiência passada com os agentes, porque eu não gosto de como eles tratam os inquilinos e imóveis, enquanto eu não estou por perto, resolvi trancar o apartamento, então eu tenho o chaves aqui comigo. Mas isso não irá afetá-lo em tudo porque eu posso tomar providências para alugar o apartamento de Polônia (em minha custa, claro).

Antes de ir mais longe que eu gostaria de saber um pouco sobre você, como quantas pessoas você pretende morar no apartamento, e por quanto tempo.

Ficarei a aguardar notícias suas.

Cumprimentos

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#316775 by Michelle Thu Jan 12, 2017 12:22 pm

Hello ,

I want to take this opportunity to assure you that there is nothing to be worried about this rental.
I am a very sincere and honest person. I don't want to waste anyone's time.

* You will inspect the apartment before your final decision to rent.
* I will pay the transportation costs.
* The all utility bills will be redirected to me in Poland.

I will try explain to you step by step how this will work, take a few moments and read my email carefully!

Step # 1.

In order to proceed, I need your actual information:

* Full Name
* Address
* City
* Postal code
* Country
* Phone Number
* Move IN date and for how long would you like to rent

Step # 2.

With the information you will provide me, I will go at Airbnb office and I will leave the keys and the contract in their possession to start the process. The transportation will be done by Airbnb

Here are the contents that will be delivered to you:

* Entrance and the rooms keys;
* Paper/permanent property form (Containing your reference details);
* The apartment documented file;
* Payment receipts;

Of course, we will need some way to go through this agreement, to allow us ensure that we get what we are expecting, because you can't send me the money directly with no protection and I must have a warranty to send you the keys, I hope you understand I can't just send the keys to anyone.

This is step # 3.

* You need to deposit to Airbnb custody, first 2 months of rent ( €700 ) + warranty (€500 ) in total of €1200 ;
* They will proceed send an agent with the keys at the address provided in 48 hours;
* After the agent arrives and inspect the apartment you must give Airbnb an answer.
* In case you will rent it, you will have to supply them a copy of the contract signed by you and they will release me the funds. The contract will be signed and filled in after you will check the apartment;
* In case you will not rent it, they will refund your money .
* Airbnb will provide assistance in handling the payment and inspection, I'll pay for the services performed by the company, so there will not be any additional cost to you.

I will await your quick response and I will complete the transaction asap.

Best Regards

#340214 by Michelle Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:57 am
Yolanda Mertes <[email protected]>:
Hello ,

As i informed you i am not in Portugal to make the deal in person .
My son have a friend in Portugal where i can send the keys and documents.
I already asked at a courier and i can send it but before that i want the fees in advance so i can be sure that i won't send the keys for nothing ( no offence) .
The fees are 15 euro and can be made through Multibanco very fast and easy . You can check www.multibanco.pt .
The fees will be then redirected to my son's friend account and he can pay when the packages arrives .
I saw that you are interested and if you won't like the apartment, my friend son will return you the full money back .
Also if you agree to move in , i will support the fees from the rent price .
So you have nothing to lose .
Is this ok for you?

Thank you