Room for Rent and other rental scams
#316745 by Michelle Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:07 am

I thank you for your room inquiry.

We can consider to rent out the room to you if you will assure me that you will be of a good behavior and not damage any property in the house because we are careful to screen all renters properly because the last people that used the apartment damaged so many things and also smoked with out our knowledge.

We have rooms available at present in the Flat apartment for rental and I will be glad if your rental can be finalized and yes you can rent for 6 months.

But i also need you to inform me of the following:

Exact move in date plan?
Present Location Address?
Any Pets?

The house address is Viale Gian Galeazzo, 24, Milan, 20122 Italy
I offer the Apartment, which is a four bedroom shared apartment, and three rooms are vacant and free for rentals.

Monthly Rent per room is €380 which includes all utilities to be paid like water, gas, Internet, electricity, Land line telephone, Heater.

The house is also located in a good metro area and easily accessible via public transport and trains from any part of Milan, Italy

Thank You.
Rodolfo

I thank you for your e-mail.

I am glad that you have confirmed to me your personality and that you are also a non smoker and also a neat and tidy person and we can now proceed to rent the room to you.

The room size as you can see in the picture is 11 * 10 square meters and it is very large and comfortable and the house number is 24 as you saw from the address.

All rooms are equipped with bathroom and toilet so you have your total privacy and the only flat mate in the house presently is Marko Grdosic 26 year old Engineer from Croatia
The apartment and the area is a very peaceful one good for reading and relaxing, few supermarkets around and less bars.

You can only bring your personal stuff like towels, toothbrush etc because the apartment is fully furnished with all amenities that is needed for a good living

Since you are moving in by January 29th and you are not in Milan at the moment you will have to pay security deposit / caution fee so that we can secure and reserve the accommodation for you before your move in date as we have potential renters as well.

You have to deposit €250 for one room or renter so that i will reserve the room for you.
While you pay the balance of rent once you arrive in Milan.

Note: that the security deposit / caution fee is to be fully refunded back to you in cash once you are vacating or leaving the apartment as long as there are no damages on the apartment fittings.

Get back to me so that i will give you rental application and renters contract form to fill because you also have to apply formally to the landlord and wait for approval and each renter has to fill out an application form.

Thank You.

Sequence to your last e-mail to me , i have received your application form and I have shown your rental application form to the landlord just as I promised.

Congratulations as Your tenancy has been successfully approved for the rental of one room in the apartment and you have been advised that you should go ahead and pay the initial refundable security deposit / caution fee of €250 so that the room can be reserved for you till your move in date and a receipt of payment will be issued to you.

Use the following bank account information to transfer the money for the security deposit / caution fee.

Bank Name: Vakiflar Bankasi T.A.O
Bank Address: S00959/Firuzkoy Istanbul, Turkey
Account Name: Ayodele Adeeko
IBAN: TR17 0001 5001 5804 8016 2455 04
Swift Code: TVBATR2A

Get back to me immediately with the payment details so that we can reserve the apartment for you till your move in date and also make sure that you scan and send me the deposit slip of payment.

Thank You.

Rodolfo

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement