Room for Rent and other rental scams
#317487 by Michelle Thu Jan 19, 2017 5:15 pm

Subject: Re: Apartment

Nice to meet you
I`ll confirm that your dates are available
The nightly rate(Euro 200)+ Euro 500.00 Security Deposit (Are full refundable to check out dates)
The apartment is located in Heart of Amsterdam.The apartment included(4LUXURIOUS Bed Rooms +4 king beds +1 sofa bed+3 family bathrooms
The airport transfer are included,so my personal driver you pick up from the airport(are not important the hours of your arrival)
>>Allowed smoking,parties/events allowed without problem but only without damages>>
If you travel by car there you find two large safe parking!

In order to start the booking and all the arrangements I will need the following information from you:

Arrival Date:
Departure Date:
Adults:
Children:
First name:
Last name:
Address:
City:
Phone Number:
Your Airbnb Profile(Link):
Scanned Passport/ID(optional)
Special Requests on arrival:
Check-in and check-out hours are flexible.
Cancellation Policy : Full refund 5 days prior to arrival.

Thank you so much

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#320990 by Michelle Thu Mar 02, 2017 7:22 am

Hello

Now all is sorted,they sent to your email the invoice with your booking confirmation,can you confirm if you did get the invoice from Airbnb?
Please follow the invoice and make the payment,now the next is to complete the payment at following details received from they.
Once your payment is confirmed you get the last confirmation about your booking!

At the moment once the payment is made please attach there the payment confirmation

Thank you so much