Room for Rent and other rental scams
#317680 by kdr Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:42 pm
He/she contacted me in this way;

Daria Oswald <[email protected]>
Jan 21 (1 day ago)

Hello,

Sorry for my late response, but I'm in Milano-Italy right now, and I have been very busy at work. Anyway, thank you for your interest in renting my apartment. The price of the monthly rent is 460,00 EUR (the price includes all utilities costs) and wohnung Kaution is 1.000 EUR . I own the apartment and i left with my work for a 5 years contract in Milano-Italy, so I decided to rent it. The apartment is in perfect condition, no need for additional repairs what so ever. So, if you are interested in renting my apartment, please email me back for more details.
Best regards,
Daria

Mannheim, Innenstadt / Jungbusch - Moderne, sanierte 2- Zimmer Wohnung in Mannheim!

Hello,

The apartment pictures are attached!
You can rent the apartment for min. 2 months and max. 5 years but we can renew the contract. The apartment is fully furnished, but if you want, you can rent it unfurnished. The utilities costs are included.
As I told you in my first e-mail, I am with my work right now. Before leaving Germany I had prearranged the deal with Airbnb Company so my presence isn’t necessary. The keys and all needed papers are in their possession, ready for delivery. You will have 3 days to inspect the the apartment before rent it. Airbnb will start the delivery for the keys and the contract to you, but first you must deposit the value of 1 rental months(460 EUR) plus + 1.000 EUR Kauiton total is (1.460 euro) in their account. So if you want to make this deal please login to the http://www.Airbnb.com website, and after that please send me the following details:
Full name and address:
Shipping address:
Airbnb username:
ID or Passport Copy:
After I’ll receive your details I will forward them to Airbnb and I will proceed the order. Airbnb will contact you with all the details that you need, to complete this deal. Waiting your email with the requested details.
Best regards,
Daria

Thank god i recognized similar scamming methods on internet.
Advertisement

#317683 by AlanJones Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:49 pm
You have just reported it here - reporting it elsewhere will do no good as the scammer is overseas and using totally fake details.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#317684 by kdr Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:02 pm
I thought after putting it here, it would show up when you searched the scammer's e-mail address on google (that's what i did previously and nothing came up). Is there a way to at least provide that? Thank you..
#317685 by AlanJones Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:14 pm
It will do when Google's bots pick it up and add it to the search results - we have no control over when/if they do that, but it usually doesn't take too long.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.