Room for Rent and other rental scams
#318588 by Michelle Thu Feb 02, 2017 6:33 am
Von: Mario Martinez <[email protected]>

Thanks for the mailing and interest shown and I'm very sorry for taking so long get back to you. Let me take time to tell you more about the flat and myself.

Colour TV & DVD player, queen size posturpedic mattress, iron & ironing board, vacuum, TV trays, floor fans, bed & bath linens, galley kitchen with dishwasher, dishes, glasses, cutlery, pots & pans, toaster, microwave, and art throughout.

Nice neighborhood quite.

About me,
Am Pastor Mario Martinez,I am a non-smoking Business consultant (also an ordained evangelical pastor from the USA). I am embarked on a trip to Texas for Professional Studies on Indigenous and Inter-Religious Studies and i will also be working over there. Which is the reason why I put up the apartment for rent for the period of time I will be away.All I just need is someone either students or anybody working in a reputable organization to rent the apartment with an open heart, love and clean to occupy it and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the house.

Asking Price : $1400 per month, utilities including
Security Deposit: $700 which is refundable.
Total: $2100
Available now for both long and short term

So if you are interested in renting the flat, kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you and for registration.

*Your Full Name:
*Your Full Address:
*Phone Number:
*Age?:
*Are you married?:
*Do you have a pet?:
*Do you have a car?:
*Occupation?:
*The picture of the Tenant Renting the house? (If available):
*Exact move in date:
*Exact move out date (If known):
*Email:

HERE IS THE HOUSE ADDRESS.
LOCATION & AREA

1451 Greenwich St APT 200,
San Francisco ,
CA 94109
USA

Looking forward to hear from you

Regards
Pastor Mario Martinez

Reported using fake lost or stolen USA Passport - 45280602

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement

#336358 by YYCTesla Thu Aug 10, 2017 2:05 am
Hello, I have also gotten a sketchy email from this person for a place in Vancouver. The ad on craiglist was removed almost immediately:

Hello,

Living room: dining table & seats, shelves, flat screen TV and Internet connection + double bed
Equipped kitchen: electric plates, refrigerator, and all dishes.
Bathroom: shower, washbasin, and toilets.
Individual electric heating.
Laundry Facility intact.
Pet Friendly.

My name is Marion Martin, I'm a USA citizen and I'm in my early sixties, I'm a business analyst by profession.I am embarked on a trip Ottawa ON to do a professional course in systems analysis in order to pursue my retirement claim and i will also be working over there. Which is the reason why I put up the apartment for rent for the period of time I will be away. All I just need is someone either students or anybody working in a reputable organization to rent the apartment with an open heart, love and clean to occupy it and put all my worries off concerning the maintenance of the house. Also I will like you to know that the rent charges is not really the issue, but your absolute maintenance of my apartment.

All services near by: metro, highway, banks, restaurants…
Asking Price : 650 CAD per month, utilities including
Security Deposit: 400 CAD which is refundable.
Available now for both long and short term

So if you are interested in renting the flat, kindly get back to me by filling me with below details for me to prepare a lease agreement for you and for registration.

*Your Full Name:
*Your Full Address:
*Phone Number:
*Age?:
*Are you married?:
*Do you have a pet?:
*Do you have a car?:
*Occupation?:
*Exact move in date:

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that I can have it in my file in case of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you.

They also attached pictures, several of them.
#357807 by Mary Dee1 Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:05 pm
Hello,

Thanks for the mailing and interest shown. Let me take time to tell you more about the apartment.

*Your Full Name:
*Your Full Address:
*Phone Number:
*Age?:
*Are you married?:
*Do you have a pet?:
*Do you have a car?:
*Occupation?:
*Exact move in date:
*About you :
*Reference:

If the ask you for the details above than people stay away and avoid!Look elsewhere