Room for Rent and other rental scams
#318609 by Bryon Williams Thu Feb 02, 2017 7:02 pm
Isabella Patel < [email protected] >:

Hello,

I have only just read your message about the apartments. I'm sorry if my reply reaches you a little late, but I was very busy.
The apartment located in Stockholm is still available.
I had to work in another country, which is London, UK for 6 months initially, but now I learned that my job will continue for unlimited contract in the current location. For this reason, I'll rented the apartment for an unlimited time and I'm looking for someone who wants to enter into a long-term tenancy.

The apartment: is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished, renovated with taste and available. Also, very important the utilities (water, gas, electricity, Internet, cable TV, parking space, refrigerator, microwave, etc) are included in the price of 7000 kr per month for whole apartment. The rent for the apartment is 7000 kr per month and this includes the utility bills (all included) and you will be required to pay a security deposit of 7000 kr. This security deposit will be refunded to you at the end of your stay in my apartment. I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs).

The kind of tenant I am looking for must be above all very responsible and preferably dynamic and communicative.

P.S Please reply me if you should be quite interested to rent the apartment. We would consequently an exact date for the visit to determine because I 'm very limited time through my work.

Best regards,
Isabella Patel

Subject: Re: Interest in renting apartment on Danderydsgatan 26
To: xxxxx

Hi Mario, it's nice to have a reply from you so quickly!
And thank you for the interest that you have expressed to my apartment. However, before we discuss the further details, I would like to know a little something about you, like how many persons do you intend to live in my apartment, for what period, etc.

First, a few details about myself : My name is Isabella Patel, I am 33 years old and work as engineer in London. I have an adorable husband (Franco) and a daughter (Antonia). Another member of our family is a six year old Labrador Retriever, we have all closed deep in our heart. The problem is simply that I have a lot of work here in London, I work as engineer and my husband as chef.

And I have little time to meet you in person and show you the apartment. Currently, I have few days free. This allows me to come to Sweden and to show you the apartment. For this I would have to me but can be sure that you are seriously interested and would be willing to rent that apartment. Four weeks ago I had a potential tenant, asked if I could come to Sweden in order to show him the apartment because he was interested to rent it. Then I bought a plane ticket and I went to Sweden, there to arrange a meeting with the tenant. When I arrived, I tried to contact to prospective renters, but he reacted neither my calls nor my emails. The result was quite simply a loss of my time and a waste of my money.

I do not want this happening again and I was kept informed accordingly on the Internet about a possible protection. During my research I came across the protection from TransferWise Deposit Protection (www.transferwise.com), which can help us to make this transaction safe for both parties.

So let me know if you would be willing to rent the apartment, so I can tell you the steps that need to be made before our meeting .

Sincerely,
Isabella Patel

Email: [email protected]
15 Bartholomew Villas
NW5 2LJ London

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#319556 by Bryon Williams Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:34 pm
Subject: Re: Annonsvar från lgh.se

Hello,

I have only just read your message about the apartments. I'm sorry if my reply reaches you a little late, but I was very busy.
The apartment located in Stockholm is still available.
I had to work in another country, which is London, UK for 6 months initially, but now I learned that my job will continue for unlimited contract in the current location. For this reason, I'll rented the apartment for an unlimited time and I'm looking for someone who wants to enter into a long-term tenancy.

The apartment: is exactly like in the pictures, fully furnished, renovated with taste and available. Also, very important the utilities (water, gas, electricity, Internet, cable TV, parking space, refrigerator, microwave, etc) are included in the price of 7000 kr per month for whole apartment. The rent for the apartment is 7000 kr per month and this includes the utility bills (all included) and you will be required to pay a security deposit of 7000 kr. This security deposit will be refunded to you at the end of your stay in my apartment. I have the option of sending all my furniture into storage if you want to bring your own (no extra costs).

The kind of tenant I am looking for must be above all very responsible and preferably dynamic and communicative.

P.S Please reply me if you should be quite interested to rent the apartment. We would consequently an exact date for the visit to determine because I 'm very limited time through my work.

Best regards,
Isabella Patel

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/