Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320119 by Bryon Williams Tue Feb 21, 2017 5:43 pm

Subject: Re: 10757 Glen Hannah Dr

> How are you doing? I had to leave ,Laurel in a hurry due to my recent promotion and it involves me working in different states. My family and i just moved from Laurel . We intend selling the house if we find a Tenant that would be ready for a lease to own after a year in the house, if not, then we will continue with normal rentals. We have made the monthly rent significantly low and affordable as good faith for my happiness for my recent promotion. I am currently working as a counselor for the United States Aid for International Development (US-AID) . Please visit http://www.usaid.gov/, you can also support our mission.I guess by now you should be eager to view the house because it is a lovely home. So far, we have seen a couple of interested families but we shall rent to the best tenant according to our choice. The rent is $950 while the security deposit is also $950. The house is ready for move in..UTILITIES INCLUDED AND LEASE IS 6 MONTHS TO A YEAR.
>
> PROPERTY INFORMATION
> Price: $950
> Deposit: $950
> 3 Bedrooms
> 2 full Bathrooms
> Single Family
> Pets are allowed
> Refrigerator
> Dishwasher
> Garbage Disposal
> Washer
> Dryer
> Air Conditioning
> Heating Fuel: natural gas
> Fireplace
> 1,220 sqft
>
>
> Due to the fact that I live and work here in California, You will have to go look the house thru the windows and if you like the house email me back for the rental application after you've gone by to look the house.Here is the address to the house (10757 Glen Hannah Dr, Laurel, MD 20723). You can click the link below for more pictures of the house. It is being placed in Google-drive
>
>
> View Apartment Pictures.
>
>
> Regards,
> Patricia and Dan
> You can reach me at (904) 297-2790 Or text me to (904) 297-2790 at anytime if i don't answer the call.

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement