Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320399 by Michelle Fri Feb 24, 2017 8:14 am
Hi
Thank you so much for your prompt reply . The accommodation you are looking for is still available in the specified dates. The nightly rate is 210 EUR (all services included), plus a security deposit of 700 EUR which is fully refundable on the check out date (in case nothing is damaged) .You are booking this apartment exclusive only for you , you will not share it . All the facilities that you see in the images along with : Wifi , Cleaning , Towels , Bed linen, Blankets , fully equipped kitchen are included .In order to start the booking and all the arrangements I will need the following information from you:
*Arrival Date:
*Departure Date:
*Number of Guests:
*Your Full Name :
*Mobile Number:
*Special Requests on arrival:
Like any other transactions on Airbnb, they will handle payment and it will be released to me only after you check in. If everything is ok, please provide the requested information so I can initiate the booking on Airbnb.
Looking forward to hear from you soon
Thank you,
Tox Rents
PS: attached you have some images, parking space is available
Apartment 15
829 Damrak, Amsterdam, 1012 LP North Holland

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#320447 by Revo Fri Feb 24, 2017 6:55 pm
Hi Michelle,

today me and my friends contacted this address because we saw a nice flat in AirBnB in Edinburgh.

I saw it excessive the security deposit he was asking to forward. Also the fact to get in touch with him outside AirBnB platform.

So I searched the address in google and arrived to your post.

Thanks for the warning. If we'd go further with the payments, maybe we'd done a big mistake.

How is it possible that inside AirBnB there can be registered scammers?

Regards
Luis