Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320706 by Michelle Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:07 am
Von: "Mariet Vene" <[email protected]>

Hey ,

Thank you for your response!
The apartment it`s available for a long-term rent , so you can stay there how long you want .
As I mentioned in my first email, Badweg 91, 8442 AG, Heerenveen, Netherlands is my current place of residence. I am ready to travel as soon as possible back to Germany to sort out the lease. I came back once already for a supposed tenant that realized he had no enough funds so I need to be sure before my coming and understand my proposal thats is way I entrusted Airbnb which offers a simple control process for owners and new tenants. They will check me as the owner of the apartment and you as potential tenant.

Here is a brief description of the process:
- As owner I need to submit to Airbnb information about rental agreement ,copies of some documents;
- After Airbnb accepts the transaction and complete the verification of the documents has to contact you as potential tenant and check if you have enough money to rent the apartment;
- After I receive the confirmation I get back to Germany to show and sign the lease contract;

If you agree with the process, please provide the following information:
- Complete name of the future tenant;
- Current address ( street , city , country, zip code );
- Direct telephone number;
- E-mail;
- I need also a copy of your ID or passport to complete the lease agreement

The price you shall pay for 1 month of rent will be 650 Euros and I want also guarantee deposit 1300 Euros ( the kaution 1300 Euro you will receive back when you leave the apartment ), with no extra taxes to pay. The rent , I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire the money .

When I have the details Airbnb will contact you but you need to be sure before my coming from Netherlands so it has to be fully interest from your side .
Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks for your time!

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#320708 by Michelle Mon Feb 27, 2017 10:19 am
Von: "Mariet Vene" <[email protected]>

Hello

Airbnb just informed me that they sent you the invoice. In order to complete our transaction please follow the instructions that you get from Airbnb .
As soon as your deposit will be confirmed by Airbnb , I will buy my tickets to come to meet with you.
I receive the money only after you arrived in my apartment and after to decide to keep it. If you will be not satisfied with the apartment Airbnb will release the funds (in full amount) back to you in the same day.
Airbnb have told me they have send you the confirmations in your email address, and in case you do not receive the confirmation in your Inbox Folder, is possible to arrive in other folders, so please check all your folders.

Thanks for your time!
Mariet Vene