Room for Rent and other rental scams
#320930 by Aikam Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:14 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your email query regarding my apartment.
My name is Emma Morrow, I'm 40 years old and I am working as a project manager for ADCO Construction. I lived in this apartment until January 2017, when my company started a new project in Ireland and I had to move here for the next 5 years, so the apartment is available for long-term. The apartment is fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances.​ As you saw in the pictures it is in excellent condition, very clean and well kept. Here you can find photos with the apartment: https://postimg.org/gallery/1yxohcbdc/

The rent will be $500 per week including utilities (hot/cold water, electricity, internet, cable TV). Also, a security deposit (bond) of $2000 is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). You have full access to all building amenities. Pets are allowed. That's all i can say for now until you have a taste of my place.

In the meantime, can you please confirm the following:

· How many people would be living at the property?
· When would you like to move in?
· What term/length lease would you like?
· Do you have any pets?
· When are your most suitable times/days to view the property?

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant).

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you.
Advertisement

#320991 by Marcopolo Thu Mar 02, 2017 8:38 am
Hi there,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. This all sounds great.
I'm ready to rent my apartment to you, but currently I'm located to Dublin, Ireland with my job so to make the renting procedures I would like to use Airbnb to find a tenant (only at the beginning), because I don't have any relatives there who could arrange a viewing with you and I am not able to travel to meet with every potential tenant.
To settle an inspection through Airbnb, I will need your contact information (name, address, phone number), the move-in date and lease agreement preferred. (e.g. 6 months or 1 year rental contract with option of renewal). The lease agreement will be a standard one from the Australian government.
Once I have your details, I will initiated the booking through Airbnb. Next you will receive a notification message from them, containing a receipt with all information about rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking. Usually, you’re expected to pay one month’s rent in advance, plus a bond which is held against damages. The security bond is lodged with the Rental Bond Board together with a copy of the inspection (condition) report. After you will confirm the booking, Airbnb will contact you to schedule inspection of the property. Upon inspection, if you decide to rent it, the agent will provide you with the rental contract which you can sign on the spot.

In case you're tied up in another contract and cannot move in immediately, we can arrange the inspection​ ​now and reserve the apartment for you. If however you decide not to rent in case there is something that you do not like, you can have a full refund in the same day, but I assure you that the property is very beautiful and clean;
If you have any other questions I would like to respond with pleasure.

Thank you for understanding,
Emma