Room for Rent and other rental scams
#322817 by Michelle Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:38 am

Good Day, I saw your ad on Craigslist and wanted to see if you could help.

I have accepted a new position in Quincy and I am looking for a quiet place to rent.

I will be relocating to the area from Northern Virginia in just a couple weeks (April 1st). I am a 56yo transgender female looking for a room until such time that I can find a place of my own.

I am a nonsmoker, lite drinker and definitely NO DRUGS. I enjoy the outdoors, biking, running, water-sports, skiing, hiking, indoor climbing and walking. I will be looking to join a gym someplace close by, as well. I am a quiet, non-drama, clean, respectful person that has learned how to be myself (in transition) and enjoy life. I like to cook, listen to music (headphones) and peruse the internet for interesting things. Not much into TV as I would rather share some wine along with good conversation.

My company will not pay me until around April 5th, I will have direct deposit. I can provide a small amount up front and then pay the rest over the next couple weeks. Paydays are weekly for me. I can provide all the documents to backup these details of my position and pay. I am even willing to get you in touch with the HR person I have been working with. I am also willing to sign an agreement of a structured payment schedule to quickly get you the funds required.

Simply put, I need a room, need someone willing to work with me while getting situated. It's hard enough moving 500 miles from where I have lived for 33years.

I know the risks involved as I have owned several rental properties myself. My wife and I have lived in our home for over 13 years now. She is not moving with me for now. She would not visit either as I would be returning here a couple times a month. Our plan is that over the next 6 months to a year I could find a place for us and then she would join me.

Would you be willing to work with me?
Is your place LGBT friendly?
Do you have pictures?

Thanks for the consideration

Regards

Tiffany Gray
[email protected]

This will be a Fake Check Scam

If you are a landlord, a scammer may pose as a prospective tenant wanting to rent property from you. He will offer to send you a check (often from a "relative" or business), and ask you to cash the check and send part of the money to another person by Western Union, using an excuse such as an accidental overpayment, funds to pay a moving company, etc.. There will be a sense of urgency because they want you to send the money before the check is discovered to be fake.

1. If you accept a check that turns out to be fraudulent, you will be required to return all the funds and charged a fee, as well as possibly held legally responsible.
2. Don't accept a check or banker's draft from someone unless you absolutely know and trust them.
3. Remember, even after the value of the check has been credited to your account, there is still a risk that the money could be taken out of your account if the check turns out to be stolen or counterfeit.

Advertisement