Room for Rent and other rental scams
#323138 by kostass123 Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:19 am
I was looking for accommodation in Freiburg, Germany and came across another scammer...
The apartment advertisement contained pictures stolen from other ads. When I replied to his email his apartment rental ad was deleted from the website.

FIRST EMAIL:
[email protected], Arnoldo Eich [email protected]
Hallo,

Danke für Ihr Interesse meine Wohnung zu mieten. Mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht, ich würde schätzen, wenn wir in Englisch sprechen können.Ich möchte mich vorstellen auch. Mein Name ist Eichmann Arnoldo und ich bin ein 46-jährige Arzt aus Rome / Italien.Die Wohnung, die ich von meinem Großvater, der vor 2 Jahren gestorben vererbt.Auch habe ich zwei kinder, aber nach wenigen gesprächen mit ihnen, wird niemand kommen in Deutschland zu bleiben, so möchte ich die wohnung für einen beliebigen zeitraum zu mieten (ab 1 monat bis 20 jahre oder mehr). Doch selbst nehme ich die entscheidung, nach Deutschland nicht zurück, ich möchte nicht, die wohnung zu verkaufen.Die Wohnung befindet sich auf Sundgauallee 19 , 79110 Freiburg, Die Wohnung befindet sich im zweiten Stock und das Gebäude ist in sehr gutem Zustand und haben auch Zugang zum Aufzug.Dies ist ein 1 zimmer wohnung ( 1 Bad, 1 Küche, 1 Wohnzimmer + Schlafzimmer, 1 Keller) mit einer Gesamtfläche von 39m ². Die Wohnung ist ausgestattet mit: Klimaanlage, Waschmaschine, Staubsauger, Haartrockner, Herd, Flatiron, Mikrowelle, Grill, Toaster, Mixer, Kühlschrank, Kaffeemaschine, LED-TV, DVD-Player, usw.Die Nebenkosten (Heizkosten, Strom, Gas, Wasserkosten, Müllabfuhr, Grundsteuer, Gebäudeversicherung, Internet, Kabel-TV und Parkplatz) ausgestattet sind, in der "Warmmiete" enthalten von 470 EUR / Monat. Ich will eine "Kaution" von 470 Euro, rückzahlbar, wenn Sie sich bewegen (ich muss zu verlassen innerhalb von 30 Tagen wissen).
In der Zwischenzeit können Sie bestätigen Sie bitte die folgenden Schritte aus:

· Wie viele Menschen auf dem Grundstück leben würden?
· Wann möchten Sie sich zu bewegen? (Check-in Datum)
· Welche Begriff / Länge mieten möchten Sie?
· Haben Sie Haustiere?
· Wann sind Ihre am besten geeigneten Zeiten / Tage, um die Immobilie zu sehen?

Bei Interesse weiter, mir bitte einige Informationen über sich selbst geben (Alter, Beruf, Lebensstil oder was auch immer denken Sie macht einen guten Mieter).
Ich hoffe, dass die E-Mail nicht zu lang war, Ich mag möglichst gründlich.

Freundliche Grüße aus Italien!

PS: Ich akzeptiere nicht JobCentre !!

SECOND EMAIL:
Hello again,

You seem to be a very nice person and I can assure you we will not have any problems .

I have inform you before, the price you shall pay for the first month of rent will be 470 Euro and I want also security deposit ( Kaution ) 470 Euro, in total in the first month you have to pay 940 Euro without additional charges to pay. The money for the next months (470 Euro) I want to receive monthly in my bank account, so I hope it will be no problem for you to wire money.

I'm willing to send you the keys so you can visit and check the apartment. The delivery for the keys and the rental contract (signed by me), will be made by AirBnb ( www.airbnb.com ), they will also help us to make a third party transaction so you can therefore feel safe about this deal.

To start the transaction with the AirBnb you need to send me all this details:
Full name:
Address:
City:
Postal Code:
Mobile phone number:
ID Card number or Passport number:
Date of Birth:
Date you want to move in the apartment:
Rental period that you want to stay:

Now let me to explain you how the transaction it works:

After I received all this details, I can go to AirBnb office and start the transaction. When they will have the keys and the real estate company on them custody, they will send you a delivery notification, in which they tell you that they have the keys and that they checked it.

When you receive the delivery notification from AirBnb, you will have to go your bank office and make a bank transfer on the AirBnb bank account, assigned with this transaction for the amount we agreed ( 940 Euro ). If you don't have time to go to your bank office you can make the payment online to the bank account of the AirBnb. I must to tell you that the payment must to be made in 24 hours or early after the transaction was started because the agent will be at you in 48 hours to show the apartment.

After you make the deposit you will have to send to AirBnb the payment confirmation from bank money transfer, so they can know that you already made the deposit. AirBnb will verify the payment and if everything is in order they will delivery the keys and the rental contract to you in 48 Hours. AirBnb will send to you an agent at your house door, and that person will come with you to visit the apartment to see that all is right. If you will be satisfied with the flat, you will sign the rental contract. However, if you are not pleased with the apartment for any reason, the agent will give your money back immediately, and I will get my keys and documents back ( I will write on the rental contract this condition, to be sure that you will get your money back ).

Also, in case you have another apartment right now, and you can't move immediately, we can make the deal as I explained it now, and consider it only an inspection and reservation until you will be able to move there.

I will pay for the services of the agency, so there will be no costs for you.

I am waiting for your quick response, because there are several others interested in the apartment, and I need to know if I can count on a deal with you.

Thank's and have a good day

Very Important: Only AirBnb has access to this transaction for more security. Your money will be safe in AirBnb custody and I hope you read my e-mail very well, and you know that you have to pay before see the apartment.
Advertisement