Room for Rent and other rental scams
#324435 by Michelle Wed Apr 05, 2017 12:18 pm
Also [email protected]

Claudio Tapanelli <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.
I am the owner of the apartment. My name is Claudio Tapanelli from Rome/Italy. I bought the apartment while working in Ireland.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom, floor 2. Is available for long-term, it's in excellent condition, very clean and fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances. The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and coffee shops.
The rent will be 1300 Euro per month including utilities (water, electricity, internet, cable TV). A security bond of 1300 Euro is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). The apartment is fully furnished, like in the pictures. If you have any question please let me know.

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant). I want only serious people with a healthy financial situation. So could you please email me something that shows you are financially stable... anything you want that shows you're in a good financial situation.

The apartment address is: 14 Marlfield Green, Dublin 24

Please see the apartment pictures attached.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you

Claudio Tapanelli <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello,

At this moment I'm in Italy and can not be present to deal face to face.
I can make arrangements to rent the apartment through Airbnb ( airbnb.com ) which is an international company dealing specifically in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased.

I would suggest to open the Airbnb website and read what methods of payment does Airbnb to better understand the process.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/126 ... ?topic=222

Airbnb will ask you to make the payment for the fist month of rent plus security deposit. They will hold and insure your money until you check the apartment and decide if you want to rent it or not. I don't have any access to the money until you view the apartment and sign the contract.

If you accept the Airbnb policy please provide me with the following details for your referencing application so that I can register the transaction with Airbnb and move forward.

Your phone number?
Full name?
The date you want to move in?
How many people are going to live in my apartment?
What term/length lease would you like ?

Once I have these details, I will proceed with the transaction and make all the arrangements with Airbnb for an inspection. You will receive an invoice and further information regarding the rental, along with payment instructions to secure the booking.

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Advertisement

#326850 by Michelle Tue May 02, 2017 11:34 am

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.
I am the owner of the apartment. My name is Hector Barnhart from United States/New York. I bought the apartment while working in Ireland.
The apartment has 2 bedrooms, 1 living room, 1 kitchen and 1 bathroom. Is available for long-term, it's in excellent condition, very clean and fully furnished with all the necessary equipment and appliances. The apartment has public transport near and not far away of shopping center, sports club and coffee shops.
The rent will be 1300 Euro per month. A security bond of 1300 Euro is required at the start of the lease and it will be refunded at the end of the contract (a 30 day notice is required). The apartment is fully furnished, like in the pictures. If you have any question please let me know.

If further interested, please give me some information about yourself (age, job, lifestyle or whatever you think makes you a good tenant). I want only serious people with a healthy financial situation. So could you please email me something that shows you are financially stable... anything you want that shows you're in a good financial situation.

The apartment is located at: 14 The Linden, Dundrum, Dublin 14

Please see the apartment pictures attached.

Thank you and I look forward to hearing back from you