Room for Rent and other rental scams
#325641 by annmagjoz Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:18 pm
SCAM!
Living in Denmark
Asking to send money to your relatives in UK
No exact address of the apartment
My emails with her:

Narelle Lallie
Hello, My name is Narelle, I am from Denmark and the flat is still available for rent. It was redecorated last year is looking very nice and clean....

Narelle Lallie
to me
23 hours agoDetails
Hello,

I've attached some pictures of the flat and a model of the rental contract(standard rental agreement)! The flat is located in Giles St, Leith, EH6 6TR but I can`t give you the exact address because there`s no one living out there and I`m afraid of thieves and I do apologize for this but I hope you understand me because I`m in Denmark right now! The property comprises a bright and spacious 1 bed flat, well equipped kitchen and modern bathrooms. Parking place is included too!

In the kitchen there is a dishwasher and also a fridge freezer! Regarding the council tax I can tell you that it is included in the price of £640 per month and also internet broadband, gas and electricity are also included in this price! I am interested in a long term agreement and I request one month rent in advance plus the equivalent of one month as a refundable deposit which you will get back at the end of the contract.

I prefer the first payment to be in cash, against signed rental agreement, keys and receipt!

Regarding the plumbings and all that kind of stuff I can tell you that the flat was recently renovated and all electrical part and plumbings are new so that won`t be necessary any repairs anyway I have a person who can manage this starting after I rent it.

We can sign the rental contract starting from first weekend from May but I need to be sure that you have serious intentions in renting the flat that`s why I attached here a model of the rental contract and also we can discuss the terms when we will meet!
If you are decided to reserve the flat let me know because there is another person interested in reserving it!

Kind regards

Narelle Lallie

Hi, Due to my work I can come only in weekends on Sunday and I need to know who will live in the flat(full name and occupation).I also need you to

Narelle Lallie

Due to my work I can come only in weekends on Sunday's, let me know.

Narelle Lallie
to me
47 minutes agoDetails
Hello,

We could meet and maybe sign the tenancy agreement this Sunday but you see, due to previous predicament that I have gone through in the past trying to rent the property to some students, I have got to realize that many people are not really in need of an apartment all they do is secure a place in advance, my last experience in trying to rent the property to a particular lady had got me to predicate on these, she made me believe she was willing and ready to get the apartment she even went to the extend of showing me her statement of account, which made me took her for the viewing but after taking her for the viewing, she saw the apartment and got to love it and never wanted to loose it, so she kept pleading I retain it for her because she is not financially composed at the moment, which I did but ended up disastrously.
So basically for me to be sure of you been willing and ready to get the apartment I will employ you walk into any Money Gram agency and send the total bill cash £640(one month advance rent) to your partner's name or a friends name (NOT to ME) or your partner/friend can send it to you with the destination of United Kingdom. All I need is for you to get back to me with the receipt issued to you after making the transaction so I can confirm it!
When we will meet in person to sign the papers we will go together to Money Gram and you will withdraw the cash and pay me in hand! I just need to see that you do have the money available and you do have serious intentions in renting the flat! If the Money Gram agent will ask you about the receiver you should tell him that is a relative of yours because the transfer fees will be cheaper! If you will tell them the reason they might consider this a commercial transaction and charge you more. Anyway I will pay for it either you take the flat or not! I will book the flight for Sunday as soon as I have your positive answer.
I do apologies for that but as I told you last time when I arrived to Leith to show the flat to a person everything was a stupid joke and I hope you understand me because I don`t want to waste my time and money on plane tickets.

Regards
Advertisement