Room for Rent and other rental scams
#325763 by 69kram Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:11 pm
This is the email response I got when I asked for info about a home rental ad on Craigslist, Pensacola, FL

Hello Tenant,

Thanks for your email, sorry for the late respond....I personally own the house, I want my property to be well taken good care of there are some rules and regulation. I do give out to tenant willing to rent my house please don't disrespect my order but if you are still capable of renting my house the rules and regulation goes his way.........You must keep my house clean including the surrounding, you must know how to use the stove to avoid fire outbreak, you must not disturb the neighbor. I decided to rent out the property due to our transfer to (West Africa) for Missionary Work in a church here named World Mission because formally the house was for sale but my family advised me not to sell it anymore, now l want to rent the house because I'm looking for someone to move in asap. We are renting it out because we need someone to take good care of the property because of the distance we are not after the money. Don't be surprise if you find this house at another website with different price, I plan to rent it through Real estate before but they are not serious because they have a lot of house to lease out and they added some money to rent it and the commission is not flexible. Have this in mind you must know the kind of person I'm because am giving you this rules because of what or responded between me and my last tenant , you can drive by the house anytime to take a look at the area and surrounding. For now we are looking for 2 or 3 years lease or rather lets us know how long you wish to stay.

PROPERTY DESCRIPTION...........

Number of Bedrooms: 3 Beds
Number of baths: 2.0
Square footage: 1,500
Pets are welcome!!!
Rent: $700
Refundable security Deposit: $750
House Address: 4421 Summerfield Court, Pace, FL 32571

Filling out of the Questionnaire will determined if you are the right person to occupy my house,we will send another email to let our know our final decision.

Rental Information......

Full Name?
Full Address?
Cell Phone Number?
Home phone Number?
Work Phone Number?
Date of Birth?
Are you married?
How many people will be living in the house?
picture of you and your family?

Do you have a pet?
Do you have a car?
Occupation?

What is your monthly income?
Reference Contact Name and Address if Any?
Why are you moving?

When do you intend to pay the deposit?
When do you intend Moving in?
Any Police problem?

Thanks and God bless you.
Bernie M Salter & family
Advertisement

#325766 by Oode1677 Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:32 pm
Found thi scam too
Hello, how are you doing?.Deep apology for the late response... My property (2BED / 1BA and 1,298 sqft) is still available for an honest,reliable and responsible tenant that will take good care of my house and also willing to rent directly from me the Landlord.On getting here I had a thought of selling the house of which i did a research for an agent to handle it on our behalf and after getting one, we got a deal but later my Family advised against that,because they were handling things too professionally and were extorting the tenants and never deliver it to me, so i took the job of their hands and you dealing with me directly. Presently, it is no longer for sale, under minding the for sale sign up there in the building which I put there before leaving but available for rent..

Rent is $780 (which Covers Utilities Such as: ( power,water,dishwasher, sewer and trash..) and a holding refundable security deposit of $570 which makes your total move in cost $1350...I am a Medical Doctor, with 2 adopted kids....We are presently not available for a walk-through in the house due to limited permissions at work and we are sincerely sorry for the inconveniences it may cause you, we are presently in Georgia.

I want you to understand that I spent a lot on my property that you have requested to rent, so I will solicit for your absolute maintenance of this house and would want you to treat it as your own because cleanliness they say is next to Godliness. It is not all about the money to be paid on rent or spent,it is all about a good maintenance culture which I want you to adopt on the property.

I took all my time to send this to you because I don't want a tenant that will waste my time and last time I leased my house and sent the Keys first but the tenant never send my payment and keys back to me delay it for months until I track them down with the police, once bitten twice shy. so i was advice never to send my house keys to anyone until a part payment is made first and also send you a Contract Agreement before any payment is made.

NOTE: 1) Only Non-Destructive Pets are allowed in the neighborhood in the house...
2) Paper work has to be signed before collecting any payment.
3 ) Due to the Unavailability of anyone doing a walk
through in the house, we strongly advise you go by the address
yourself (2919 Fawn Ave, Durham, NC 27705), Peep through the
available open windows to have a view of the interior and exterior
then get back to me at your leisure time... We apologies for any inconvenience it may seem and we plead to please bear with us for i ain't permitted out of work to come down there...if you like it, you can let me know so arrangements can be made to send the keys and House Document to you through FedEx and also Paper work has to be signed before any payment has to be made.
If still you are interested in renting from us TEXT me or email back as am at work and might not hear my phone ring. I will reply you back by text or email and give
you a call when am less busy.

Thanks and have a lovely Day

DR.LINDSEY G MARTIN
(678) 870-6674