Room for Rent and other rental scams
#326570 by luxuryretreats Fri Apr 28, 2017 4:14 pm
Another fake rental website www.rentholidaysvillas.com promising properties for dream prices that simply don't exist!

Real name of Villa Gomez listed this website at 5000 GBP/ week is "The Villa Eagle" and the prices are from £25.000 - £40.000 per week and www.rentholidaysvillas.com as a scam site offer this villa at only 5000£ without owner consent !!!!!

The owner of the website is using a service to hide their identity. No phone number provided on website.

Domain Age: 54 Days - and they have many fake reviews for listings from 2016!
MARK HARRISON
March 13, 2016 at 8:44 pm
Pure peace and relaxation

We stayed at Villa Gomez for a week at the end of July.

I am pleased to inform you that i have availability Villa Gomez for 2 weeks starting with 05th Aug.
The total cost for 1 week is £ 5390, plus deposit of £ 1000 fully refundable on inspection of property after departure.

To confirm the reservation you have 2 option:
- total prepayment with a discount of 10% (rental cost-10% + security deposit)
- payment of the 50% + security deposit and the balance 10 days before the arrival.

If you would like to reserve, i will need you to provide your full name and address along with a copy of passport or identity card, in order to prepare the contract booking.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Regards,

Flavio Hernandes Davila
Property Manager
Rent Holidays Villas

rentholidaysvillas.com - SCAM

Carrer Metge Josep Darder 37
Palma de Mallorca, Illes Balears 07008
Spain
[email protected] scammer
[email protected] scammer
Flavio Hernandes Davila scammer
Advertisement

#326596 by AlanJones Fri Apr 28, 2017 11:47 pm
From the WhoIs for rentholidaysvillas.com:
Creation Date: 2017-03-02T13:52:24Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2018-03-02T13:52:24Z

Registrant Name: Registration Private
Registrant Organization: Domains By Proxy, LLC

2 months old and registered by someone who doesn't want you to know their identity.

Please do not tell scammers that they are listed here - it will take them seconds to change their fake details and their new details will not be listed for any future victims to find.
#326702 by sophieed Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:26 pm
Have just found this post after becoming suspicious seeing "Villa Adele" in Ibiza listed as "Villa Echo" for considerably more money on other, more well known sites.

This is after sending a passport scan as proof of ID :cry: thankful that we realised before paying anything. Will be keeping an eye out for identity fraud.
Reported to the police through the Actionfraud website, hopefully they'll get shut down before more people fall for this.