Room for Rent and other rental scams
#326951 by Michelle Wed May 03, 2017 2:51 am

Hello ,

Thanks for your interest
Sorry for my late in my response but I have full inbox for this apartment

The apartment can be rented from 3 months up to 10 years. The complete address of the apartment is : 1201 NE Horizon Loop ,Hillsboro ,OR
The apartment is fully furnished and the community (Water, Electricity ,Internet-HIFI , Cable TV) are included in the
rental price which is $1,000. The place is fully equipped with : Air Conditioning, Dishwasher, Microwave , Refrigerator,
Washing machine , LCD TV, Heating , Fitted kitchen etc.
You can use my furniture, or you can also use your own if you prefer. If you decide to use yours, you can store my
furniture in the large basement cellar.
In order to rent my apartment you will have to pay one month of rent ($1,000) + ($1,000) as Kaution, total ($2,000) . You
will get it back the kaution when you will move out (I will need a 30 days notice)
Pets are allowed. I would like to know how many persons you intend to share the apartment with, and for how long ( the
apartment it`s available for unlimited period of rent and it`s free now ) . Any other details about yourself would be
appreciated .
The kitchen is fully equipped. If you rent my apartment you will be the first tenant.If you are interested in my apartment the booking will be made through Airbnb to make sure that we can trust each other ( right now I'm in Canada ) .Please let me know if you are still interested and I will give you more details about how you can rent the apartment. I sent you photos also if you want to see the apartment before you make a decision.Below are some questions I need you to answer so we can discuss further. You can only drive by the property for now to check the outside and the neighborhood, it is available for a long lease. Get back to me for further discussion on how to get the keys and paperwork of the property to you if I find you suitable and decide to rent the property to you..

RENT QUESTIONNAIRE

Marital Status:__________?
How many proposed occupants :__________?
List all in addition to yourself including approx age :__________?
Will you have pets :__________?
Please describe Breed, size :__________?
Personality of pet :__________?
When do you plan to move in, please write exact date:__________?
Intended length of lease:__________?
Length of previous tenancy :__________?
Present occupation :__________?
Are you a section 8 applicant
Do you work late night :__________?
Do you smoke :__________?
Do you drink :__________?

So I guess this is it for now, I hope I didn't forget anything.
Looking forward to hear from you.
Thanks for your time!

Oscar

This person asks for a deposit payment via Western Union, MoneyGram, pre-paid credit card or bank transfer with a promise that you can have the keys to a property that does not belong to him.

Sounds safe. It's not!

At other times, he will ask for proof that you are able to pay the deposit and rent due to a string of time wasters.
This proof is in the form of a Western Union or MoneyGram payment to a lawyer,a friend or family member.

In either case, if payment is made and you give this person the details, they will collect the money.
You will not hear from them again.

All the details such as names, addresses, pictures etc. that the scammer uses in order to back up his story, are stolen from elsewhere.

If you are reading this because you are looking for property to rent, and you are in contact with this thief you are probably searching Craigslist, Gumtree or similar listing sites. If you receive any requests from 'Landlords' asking for some kind of payment before viewing, then it will also be a scam. Please forward the mail to me at the address in my signature line and I will investigate and list them if necessary.

Advertisement