Room for Rent and other rental scams
#327548 by Bryon Williams Tue May 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Subject: Re: New inquiry from Taylor for 490 Harrison Ave Apt 202

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. My name is Jennifer J. Hardin the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry . I'm happy to let you know that my unit is available for a long and short term lease period. The total monthly rent will be $2.450 with all utility bills included. Now I am in Prague/Czech Republic with my husband Jorge (I got married and I moved with him to Prague). Since I am in Prague, I found a way to rent my unit safe and fast through Airbnb which is an international company dealing in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased, which will handle the rental agreement on my behalf. This won't affect you at all, all arrangements will be on my expense.

I would like to know how many persons will inhabit there, more information about you and for how long want to rent it

Thank you, Jennifer

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#327657 by Bryon Williams Wed May 10, 2017 6:23 pm

Subject: Re: Stunning completely rehabbed one bedroom available immediately
To

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. My name is Jennifer J. Hardin the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry . I'm happy to let you know that my unit is available for a long and short term lease period. The total monthly rent will be $900 with all utility bills included. Now I am in Prague/Czech Republic with my husband Jorge (I got married and I moved with him to Prague). Since I am in Prague, I found a way to rent my unit safe and fast through Airbnb which is an international company dealing in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased, which will handle the rental agreement on my behalf. This won't affect you at all, all arrangements will be on my expense.

I would like to know how many persons will inhabit there, more information about you and for how long want to rent it

Thank you, Jennifer

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

#328443 by Bryon Williams Thu May 18, 2017 4:06 pm
Jennifer J. Hardin <[email protected]> wrote:

Hello xxxxxx,

Thank you for your interest. My name is Jennifer J. Hardin the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry . I'm happy to let you know that my unit is available for a long and short term lease period. The total monthly rent will be $1,400 with all utility bills included.
utilities like: cold/hot water, electricity, gas, satellite channels, cable & Wi-Fi, garbage disposal and parking

Recently, I got married and I moved with him to Liverpool. Since I am in Liverpool, I found a way to rent my unit safe and fast through Realtor.com which is an international company dealing in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased, which will handle the rental agreement on my behalf. This won't affect you at all, all arrangements will be on my expense.

Thank you, Jennifer J.

Subject: Re: Another Prospective Resident for 31 Mount Hood Road from realtor.com(R) rentals
To:

Hello again xx,

I have used already before this agency and the transaction will be done through Realtor.com, so the transaction will be 100% secured for both . I left the keys and rental contract signed by me, to use their services, they will handle the payment and transport for us.

In order to view the flat and settle a deal, you will need the keys, and the contract. Next you will receive a notification message from Realtor.com containing all the instructions that you need to follow. So..you will have to pay the security deposit $900.00( you will get it back when you decide to leave the apartment). You will be given a 3 days inspection period from the day you receive the keys and contract. During this period you can take a decision. After unit inspection, If you decide to move in, you will have to authorize Realtor to release the funds to me, and the transaction will be completed. If you will not be satisfied with the apartment the total amount will be refunded in same day after your request. That is how their tenant/owner protection policy works.

If everything is ok, please email me with the details ( your full name, phone number, email and full address ), so I can make the arrangements. If you wish to proceed with renting the apartment

I look forward to hearing back from you.