Room for Rent and other rental scams
#327648 by Bryon Williams Wed May 10, 2017 4:07 pm
Jenniffer Patterson < [email protected] > wrote:

Hello,

Thank you for your interest. My name is Jenniffer Patterson the owner of the apartment you are making inquiry. I'm happy to let you know that my unit is available for a long and short term lease period. The total monthly rent will be $1250 with all utility bills included. Now I am in Quebec, Canada with my husband David (I got married and I moved with him to Quebec). Since I am in Quebec, I found a way to rent my unit safe and fast through Airbnb which is an international company dealing in rentals apartments, I used it in the past and I was very pleased, which will handle the rental agreement on my behalf. This won't affect you at all, all arrangements will be on my expense.

I would like to know how many persons will inhabit there, more information about you and for how long want to rent it

Thank you, Jenniffer.

Subject: Re: New inquiry from xxxxx for 1215 Fitzwater St
To:

Hi,

Then we can start with a basic one year contract with the possibility of renewing it or with the period of time suitable for you.
In order to view my apartment you need to pay a pre-lease deposit ($1500) and in case you want to sign the lease, will be the deposit that you will receive back after you finish the contract. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for.
If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact Airbnb and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away but for that I will need your full name and address where you want to receive the keys/contract.
After registration you will receive a notification email from Airbnb containing all the instructions that you need to complete the process, in order to rent my apartment.

Thank you so much,
Jenniffer

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/
Advertisement

#328349 by Bryon Williams Wed May 17, 2017 1:25 pm
Subject: Re: New inquiry from Amanda Torres for 711 Fairmount Ave
To:

Hi,

In order to view my apartment you need to pay a pre-lease deposit ($1500) because I'm out of the country and I can not offer you a presentation of it. In case you want to sign the lease, will be the deposit that you will receive back after you finish the contract. The price will not increase monthly, it will remain the same for the whole period that the contact will be signed for.
If we decide to proceed with this transaction, I will have to contact Airbnb and provide them all the necessary information, so they can start the process right away but for that I will need your full name and address where you want to receive the keys/contract.
After I will register this transaction through Airbnb Department, you will receive a notification email from them containing all the instructions that you need to complete the process, in order to rent my apartment.

Thank you so much,
Jennifer

This Scammer will arrange to send you an Invoice -- Make no mistake, the Invoice will be fake !
If you are reading this because you have received such an invoice, kindly forward it to the address in my signature line and I will report the details to the appropriate authorities.

Please contacta moferatorstor if you have a question or information about this post.

Please do not tell the scammer he is posted here.

Please remember the fallen. https://www.odmp.org/